BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Formerly kanelupis
5,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy SHIT!

My buddy who frequents the parking spot told me that the only other bike there (suzuki) was tipped once already, and that he discovered it down one night. We sorta suspected a tipping, after all, owners would not tip their bikes on purpose and bikes don't fall over on their own. Fairing damage on the Suzuki on the otherwise excellent looking bike.

So I sorta crashed the bike a week ago and decided to park it at UBC for the time being until the I get the new fairings. We were parked: me, other guy, my buddy in parallel. I'm in coop so I was working the day. My buddy (who rides a CBR) messages me near the end of the day and tells me that my bike had been tipped.

It wouldn't have been so bad if only my bike took the damage, but someone had given my bike a swift foot to the left side of the tank tipping it to the right. It fell and hit the Suzuki. Fortunately for my bike, only the handle bar hit the Suzuki, but unfortunately for the Suzuki, my handlebar dented the frame and scratched off a part of the BC registration sticker.

God damn it, it didn't matter to me too much, my bike had already been crashed and is pretty scratched up, but the Suzuki was in pretty good condition until some idiots took to it. Crap, this had better not happen again.

Who th hell ARE these people!?

L

·
0 Posts
Where did you park it at UBC? Because I attend UBC and I always park in one spot near the SUB.

K

·
0 Posts
Holy crap, whoever's doing that deserves to be (read this somewhere):

Strapped to a wooden board, arms and legs bound...
and repeatedly dropped face first to the ground.
Give the same treatment they're giving the bikes.

F

·
0 Posts
it was me trolling for customers . fuk i forgot to leave a card ,,,il do that next time .lol

so very lame ,same type of people who key cars ,tip mail boxes ,set fires ,joyride cars and shoot up high schools .

·
Fast Pack Slow Guy
4,722 Posts
Me and a girlfriend rode on an older BeeMer to a video store on Fraser street one night. Got off and some burly looking dude scoffs and says "It ain't no Harley!" So I just ignore him and walk into the store. As I'm getting through the doors I hear him muttering "...ugly piece of shit."

While I'm browsing for a video some woman comes up to me, asks me if I have a bike outside and tells me that some scary looking dude just kicked over my bike.

I ran outside and he was gone. I mean, he must of ran because it happened in a matter of seconds and I was outside looking for him.

People are just f*cked.

Like I was watching this special on MSNBC last night about luring online predators to a bait house with the promise of having sex with 12 year olds. In only two days, they lured in over 30 guys.

People are just f*cked.

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
Please post up where you were parked; it seems as if there are a few of us at uBC and we can either avoid that area, or make more frequent trips by there as vigilantes....

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
kanelupis said:
Holy SHIT!

My buddy who frequents the parking spot told me that the only other bike there (suzuki) was tipped once already, and that he discovered it down one night. We sorta suspected a tipping, after all, owners would not tip their bikes on purpose and bikes don't fall over on their own. Fairing damage on the Suzuki on the otherwise excellent looking bike.

So I sorta crashed the bike a week ago and decided to park it at UBC for the time being until the I get the new fairings. We were parked: me, other guy, my buddy in parallel. I'm in coop so I was working the day. My buddy (who rides a CBR) messages me near the end of the day and tells me that my bike had been tipped.

It wouldn't have been so bad if only my bike took the damage, but someone had given my bike a swift foot to the left side of the tank tipping it to the right. It fell and hit the Suzuki. Fortunately for my bike, only the handle bar hit the Suzuki, but unfortunately for the Suzuki, my handlebar dented the frame and scratched off a part of the BC registration sticker.

God damn it, it didn't matter to me too much, my bike had already been crashed and is pretty scratched up, but the Suzuki was in pretty good condition until some idiots took to it. Crap, this had better not happen again.

Who th hell ARE these people!?
START POSTING BULLETINS ALL OVER THE PLACE SOMEONES EITH BOUND TO TALK OR IT WILL STOP

·
mike was taken
530 Posts
I was planning on riding to ubc soon as the weather got better but this makes me really not want to. Where were you parked? Was this in a real parkade or did you just hide your bikes between some buildings? Was it at night? I'd expect that sort of things from drunk kids wandering around but not sober people.

·
Gear Driven Cams
4,411 Posts
Sounds like a job for a team of well-meaning vigilantes. There's lots of students out there that could stake out bikes in parkades during their off-time.

·
Ridin hard n dirty
4,080 Posts
My ex used to live on campus and twice I saw a group of 3-5,,, 12-14? year olds kickin over parked bikes...once around the corner where you walk down to wrecked beach and once over by Starbucks on the side street...reported to the cops...then called campus cops too....never heard back...a friend caught some kids sitting on her bike when she came back from spanish banks beach...no damage just wonder what they were up to???.....one of the cops said people were really angry at the noisy bikes that roar around their neigborhood during the summer...gotta figure most don't know weather its those crappy harley things or sport bikes...to someone that don't know nothing about bikes a bike is a bike...I have seen a harley tiped over on a sidwalk at the mall...good laugh...same thing tho people that ride V twins have small??? and are giving the rest of us a bad image to others....remember the robson street noise crackdown...wasnt because of sport bikes...not one of us ever runs straight pipes...only the V twins do it...mostly v twins are parked on side walks, mostly V twins are riding on the shoulders...they wear stupid little helmets that wont protect a peanut...so I am gona go buy one and ride around in a full helmet with full color racing leathers and start something new ...or look like a fool....ha hahahahah

·
Formerly kanelupis
5,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
unfortunately, I cannot disclose this location because it's supposed to be an inside piece of information, but I can say that it's in a parking lot which has medium foot traffic through.

I've parked my bike left side facing a wall, placed what intact fairings I have between the wall and my bike. If they push it... I'm a gonna be so pissed. If they pull it from the wall, I'ma have to hunt them down.

And btw, my bike's pretty silent - 250cc stock exhaust isn't that loud. So if the tipper is on this board, my bike is not the cause of your car alarm going off at night!

·
DELTA-ONE
795 Posts
Park a van next to it and wait inside =).

Once you catch the perps in the process... start kicking some ass with extreme prejudice.

·
Formerly kanelupis
5,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
if this happens again, it's time to do some ass kicking....

I got video survalence equipment. I'll just wait for them to do it again

L

·
0 Posts
Secret parking place huh? Why don't you share it with the rest of us UBC bikers huh?

Good luck with your hunt. Hopefully the ass shows his face again and you'll be ready.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I used to park on campus and had a similar experience.... some asshat came by and grabbed a handful of wires in my dash and just started pulling until they ripped right out...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts