BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Given I've heard so many positive things about the show on this board alone, I believe it behooves us as a community to write to the show organizers and let them know how much better it was than past years.
The more positive feedback, the better chances they'll continue building it up. :thumbup
My question is to those in the know, who should we direct our praise-filled e-mails to? Who's the grand poobah of promotion? I found some names on the website, but as stated, for those in the know, who's the best person to contact?
Once someone posts said addy, I strongly suggest as many people who are able script their own individual e-mails sharing their positive thoughts.
:thumbup

F

·
0 Posts
i talked to her 2 times and told her how much i liked the event and told her ive heard a lot of positve things about it.She told me she did last years and i politely told her it was boring ,,and she agreed ,,she said she was bored at her own show .BUt great job this year ,,lots of heathly food to pick from not just burgers and crap...even though its overpriced ,ya expect that so no biggie. security was always on point and i had plenty of faith in leaving the bikes there,levy guys were helpfull and friendly,rest of the vendors were cool to talk to no attitudes ,cant beat the stunt show and the kiddies on the yami's (distracted my kid for 4 days ,,nice!!) all around really good .If im stil in buis im booking a booth next year for sure ,,hopefully inside ,

·
User And Abuser
3,912 Posts
I think the praise should go to the real contributors to the show...the venders who spend there time and money to bring such a complete event for the motorcycle community, all under one roof.

My lid's off to all of you who gave up your time and effort, and making it a great show this year....I will see ya this time next year.

S

·
0 Posts
gotta agree that most of the thanks should go to the people who rent the space and actually make the show what it is. also a big fuck off to the manufacturers for trying to shutdown the stunt show. no company has a right to tell customers what they should and shouldn't be doing with their products after they are sold and are not under special contracts.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
ssblade said:
also a big fuck off to the manufacturers for trying to shutdown the stunt show. no company has a right to tell customers what they should and shouldn't be doing with their products after they are sold and are not under special contracts.
I didnt hear about this?

F

·
0 Posts
ask billy and fish ,,apparently the suit/ties got choked up sayng they are not meant to do those things on a bike and are abusing them .yeah not like its abuse to sell a 16 year old kid a 1300 cc first bike ,,,,not like thats irresponsible ,,fuk them ,,if i buy it i can do what i want .

Z

·
0 Posts
Just made it there for one day but I should have gone for more. It was the best bike event i've ever been to. I'd say that both the vendors and the organizers deserve our thanks for putting on such a great show. Without the vendors putting in so much effort, it definately wouldn't be anything special but the organizers also put in the effort to make everything run seamlessly from parking to getting in the door, to drooling over the duc's.

Great Job to everyone.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
You MUST write, e-mail or phone the MMIC (Motorcycle Moped Industry of Canada) and tell them how much you liked the show, and to go for the larger outdoor tents next year.

·
Sex Appeal
1,560 Posts
I really like the fact that yamaha gave the kids riding lessons, my freinds brother took one. I was very impressed that they did that, give the kids a feel for something they might want to start to get into in the future.

·
BADUNKADUNK
1,408 Posts
The show was great and I had a blast, I just wish I could have been there for more than an hour. Closing the doors at 9 seemed a bit early, I think it would be better if they stayed open until 10. Just my :2cents

·
Banned
2,578 Posts
:confused I thought the show was alright, not 'awesome'. Not so different from past years except they added that stupid auxilliary tent on tilted pavement just to squeeze in more vendors. The stunts/exhibitions were great, but this component -alone- didn't elevate the show from mediocre to awesome.

:cool I mean no offense to those who worked hard at the organizational aspect. I just can't use the word 'awesome' ...for fear next year's show won't aim higher.

K

·
0 Posts
Show was alright.. Me thinkz that the show need more hottie female models. That would enhance the appearance of not only the bikes but the WHOLE show. But then again, im part of the younger demographic. Maybe old guyz dun want to see import models at a bike show? haha. But seriously, this show looks nothing like the ones i see in magazines. Need more excitement! Wet t shirt contest!

·
Gear Driven Cams
4,411 Posts
I want to hear more about the "suits" trying to shut down the stunt show. :)

The show was better than last year, I agree. Part of that was the stunt show, part of that was the fact that the major producers (Honda, Kawi, Suzuki) actually had new bikes to show this year. Last year it felt like a rehash of the previous year, with nothing new to see. This year there was lots!

Show was alright.. Me thinkz that the show need more hottie female models. That would enhance the appearance of not only the bikes but the WHOLE show. But then again, im part of the younger demographic. Maybe old guyz dun want to see import models at a bike show? haha. But seriously, this show looks nothing like the ones i see in magazines. Need more excitement! Wet t shirt contest!
Unless the ladies make the bikes go faster, handle better, or burn less gas, they won't be enhancing the bikes. There's already too many people in there on Saturdays and Sundays, we don't want the aisles clogged because every second horndog in there keeps getting caught on his stiffy.

If you want to see scantily clad women, go to a strip club. On this forum, we welcome all sexes to the riding community, and some of the lovlier ladies here will gladly (and capably) kick your butt for suggesting such chauvenistic activities.

To be fair, though, some of the others will pose for photos... go figure.

·
contradiction incarnate
2,748 Posts
Spike said:
...To be fair, though, some of the others will pose for photos... go figure.
different strokes for different folks :coffee

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
show was ok. wasn't WOW, esp whe i went to the one in the states.

having the tent there was great, more vendors and again, great point, having the stunt there was cool but wasn't WOW totally awesome. Don't get me wrong, there were probably tons of efforts but just wasn't WOW as someone mentioned.

wtf is wrong with ducati.. dont' they have 2006 posters yet?
didn't see too much posters and i was surprised to see that not all the bikes were too accessible for people to try and hop on.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts