BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

41 - 60 of 358 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Dan, my motard is street legal yes. But most of the time it takes it's punishment at tradex and in the dirt. Yes I do swap it back and forth. She goes both ways you know. I didn't get a chance to race it at mission last year for two reasons. 1. I couldn't get the Stickman off of my bike. 2. Whenever he went out on it he was getting black flaged for noise. I was too busy with my 600rr to put in too much effort into silencing the thing. This year I'll do some sound proofing and put in a cone of silence in.

·
518 Posts
Jayson said:
Troy loves SM's and it seems hes willing to show you up on his 600 on a tight tight course, you going to step up and show us how wrong we are?
How much does he really Love them? you guys must be close! :happysq
I'll step up and even swap you bikes jayson, and then we can see who can adapt faster and pull faster lap times! :p http://www.pocketbikes.ca/movies/local/iainracecrash.wmv

·
Registered
762 Posts
Evil-E said:
Sportbikes are too slow in the corners... Supermoto's blow them away... prooven everyday... if you want to find out the hard way lets go riding :p

ahhh..sweet words...so true...
but i do it with the stock dirt wheels and trail wing tires.
i love it!

·
Registered
762 Posts
borderline said:
im sure the motard is faster in the corner but who gets there first is what matters.What about the straights ?

ya , ok, if the raods mostly straights fine, we are done if you're on a zx10r...but thats no fun, unless of course you're trying to outrun the cops!...but that isn't fun either, at least I wasn't getting a kick out of it!

·
Slideways
2,937 Posts
Harps said:
Ask Kevin (wild-fx) he was gonna buy one of those TMs. He had it ordered and stuff (I think) but then the company started experiencing some financial problems, so he ended up getting a KTM. I'm not sure if that company (TM) still exists? :confused

YaI have a SM but its kinda a shit pile though :rolleyes

TM is still in bizzz just a glitch and I was not waiting half way through the summer for one !!!!

·
Rageaholic
8,367 Posts
Evil-E said:
How much does he really Love them? you guys must be close! :happysq
I'll step up and even swap you bikes jayson, and then we can see who can adapt faster and pull faster lap times! :p http://www.pocketbikes.ca/movies/local/iainracecrash.wmv
lol SM u funny. wasnt that the 9hp one you were riding, compared to the 6hp of the others? :p

i would love to swap bikes with you for some track time, i gaurantee you are faster than me, on either bike tho. im a slow fuck. but shit would i like to ride your sm.... not this time though $$

·
518 Posts
Jayson said:
lol SM u funny. wasnt that the 9hp one you were riding, compared to the 6hp of the others? :p

i would love to swap bikes with you for some track time, i gaurantee you are faster than me, on either bike tho. im a slow fuck. but shit would i like to ride your sm.... not this time though $$
Actually that was the 6, the 9 was the mint one so it wasnt allowed to be ridden by someone who was gonna crash :p...

You can take my bike out anytime if its at the shop and i'm working... Never said I was faster then anybody either... just love how everyone takes your words online as they were caved in stone!

·
Rageaholic
8,367 Posts
Evil-E said:
Actually that was the 6, the 9 was the mint one so it wasnt allowed to be ridden by someone who was gonna crash :p...

You can take my bike out anytime if its at the shop and i'm working... Never said I was faster then anybody either... just love how everyone takes your words online as they were caved in stone!
im just causing shit like normal, thanks for the offer!

·
518 Posts
Jayson said:
im just causing shit like normal, thanks for the offer!
wasn't really directing that at you .. lol seriously, as long as you can kick the bike over you can come down and take it for a good rip.... just call ahead to see if its there....

D

·
0 Posts
BCSB stickers, what?!?! BCSB stickers, who?!?! BCSB stickers, where?!?!
Get my point?

·
Slideways
2,937 Posts
Choco said:
I'm tarded and as I recently found out.. fuck the corners... these babies like the ditches, round-abouts, stairs, grassy mediums too! :evilgrin
LOL ya and when in England they like stone walls and hedges too :rolleyes !!!

·
Ya, whatever.
669 Posts
Back to the who's motarded thread. I have a XR650R with 17'rims 320mm wave rotor, Braking caliper and a Mikuni flat slide carb. the 95db limit at Mission has kept teh exhasust stock. Commuted with it during the week and raced it every chance I had. Now it is dedicated to racing but still no cash to do more mods. Can only pay track fees and change the oil and buy used tires from Misty presently. It sure shows its weight on tight go kart tracks like Pats Acres in Oregon but it gets me around the track.

It puts a smile on my face to try to slide it into the turns but I am a long way from being faster that way. I think only the world class guys can pull that off. Trying to get the knee down in the corners now so I can be OK at both riding styles. Spent the afternoon at the last WMRC T&T trying to hang instead of slide. One thing I did learn is how easy it is to break your leg with your foot out and no sliders on your boots. meant I missed the endurance race and last round with WMRC last year which bumbed me out. A good reason for me to try to get the knee down thing dialed.

Where are all the Motards hiding at WMRC events. There will be a class if enough of you come out.

41 - 60 of 358 Posts