BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all
This may be my last weekend in Vancouver to do the sunshine coast. Haven't done it yet, but am deciding I need to get all these roads down before I retire for the season and move. Did the Gold River run a few weeks ago with one other rider and it was a blast. So who's with me. I need someone patient enough to lead as I have had several newbs throughout the last few months request this ride at a newbish pace, so if anyone's interested post up or pm so we can make it happen!

UPDATE: Meet at Westview Esso 815am, leave 830am to catch 920am ferry. Will keep an eye on weather and check in on this post becuase if its crappy out I'm gonna cancel the ride. Not sure if I'll be able to make it due to lack of $$$ but there were quite a few ppl interested in going so I'll keep the post up anyways.

·
Eh Muh Gawd Becky!!
6,648 Posts
daaaaaaaaaaaaamn now this is the ride i've been waiting for to happen!! keep us up on details.

·
I've studied abroad..or 2
166 Posts
This is something I've been wanting to do for a while.

I'll try to lay off the beers on Satruday night :drinkbeer so I can make it for Sunday.

If I can make it, I'll be riding two up, so a non-suicidal pace sounds good to me.

Keep the details of the ride updated (meeting time and place) and I'll try my best to make it.

Cheers

·
Eh Muh Gawd Becky!!
6,648 Posts
i'm a leisure cruiser so whatever pace you choose is fine with me. some niiiiiiice scenery to see over there and i like watchin it!! what time we leavin in the morn??

·
Registered
100 Posts
hmm, we have are fzr/gheybike meet on Sunday...maybe we could merge with you guys. I'd really like to do a Sunshine Coast run.

·
Eh Muh Gawd Becky!!
6,648 Posts
a group purchase book of 10 motorcycles for the ferry is $155.75. anybody wanna buy a book?? save some dough??

·
Eh Muh Gawd Becky!!
6,648 Posts
nope, its a little under $30 for both ways for 6 or more bikes
the Langdale Ferry is $21 for bike and rider and that's both ways but the group saver book is 10 for $155.75 or about $16 ea.

G

·
Hey Folks,

Another Newbie here, and would love to go on that ride with you if you are willing to accept a dual purpose 200 and a pickup cause I dont have my MST yet.

On the positive side however, I live on the Sunshine Coast, in Sechelt, and know the area rather well. And I also work for the ferries, so just a heads up on the cost issue.

This would be the simplest and less confusing way to go....

10 Pak Motorcycle Booklets = $155.75 (Motorcycle ONLY)
10 Pak Passenger Booklets = $78.50

Total =$234.25 (or $23.43 each)

And you only pay to get to Langdale(Sunshine Coast) there is no cost to get back to the mainland.

Hope that info helps.

·
Eh Muh Gawd Becky!!
6,648 Posts
ok what a confusing site they have there. group rate but not getting the 10 pack booklet is $11.30 per bike but we have to show up as a group of 10. ok that's easilly done. otherwise its $15.05 for a bike by itself but the 10 pack pre-paid is $155.75 but that's for the bike only?? what a fokin shmozzle BC Ferries is. why don't they just list the price+driver cause that bike ain't gettin on the ferry by itself!! oh and they have group discount rates for passengers but those have to be a group of 16 or more. so does that mean if we got 20 people going that we could get the discount rate of $11.30 for the bikes aswell as the discounted rate for passengers of $7.60 for a total of $18.90 plus applicable butt stabbin taxes and surcharges??

1 - 20 of 61 Posts