BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Member #899
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since we've started a "Who's Racing" thread, I thought I'd start a "Who's Volunteering" thread because Volunteers are every bit as important as the racers. Without you we'd be done.

Let me know (by PM or post) if you're going to be helping out and I'll post it up.
:thumbup

Jaybo - corner
NFG (or not?) - announcing
Val_0 - corner
Driftland - corner
gordopolis - corner
silverD - Pre-Grid
Thumper 8 - corner
mikeelliot (if not racing) - corner
gixxer_76 - corner
Chiquita - scoring
R1 Girl - corner
VTR Rider - corner
Biker69 - Head of Tech
TeeTee - Registration
Nancy & Team AFTICA - pit setup & takedown
Beee - corner
Daddo - corner
Crass Tengu - corner
anoo - corner? / other?
skcorpion - corner
STRIKER - corner? / other?
counter_strike - corner

Is there a particular volunteer assignment that you're interested in? Just let me know.

How about some of the teams volunteering to organize or help with volunteering in a specific area?

As we get closer to the first race date we will set up some volunteer training sessions.

Thank you everyone for stepping forward. Your contribution is noted.

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
I hope/plan on corner working again at least once this year. I worked corner 7 in July for the first time and it was great, so cool.
If anyone is thinking of doing it but isn't sure, I totally recommend it.

·
WMRC Past Prez three time
2,580 Posts
I'll be there in the "Tower of Power" with my buds Ted and Kelly. That is if you all still want me?

Either way I have way to much fun at he track, racing or not, so I'll show up and do what I can to help out.....

Edit: Change of plans.... If Ted is out then so am I. I stick with my mates when push comes to shove. Good luck Kelly and Co in the Tower this year. I'll be in Ted's pit listening.........Cheers!

·
Registered
888 Posts
Who do I need to contact to volunteer? I really like to come out and help out.

·
Three hour tour guide
8,750 Posts
Val_0 said:
Who do I need to contact to volunteer? I really like to come out and help out.
PM Squire or TeeTee, they can fill you in on what you need to do, which isn't much other than show up by 8 AM race or test n tune days... Wear firm shoes, long pants and nothing red in color... oops, I mean nothing that fire engine color...
You won't regret it.

·
damn broken leg!!!!!!!
1,610 Posts
silverD said:
PM Squire or TeeTee, they can fill you in on what you need to do, which isn't much other than show up by 8 AM race or test n tune days... Wear firm shoes, long pants and nothing red in color... oops, I mean nothing that fire engine color...
You won't regret it.
No yellow either, thanks.

·
Member #899
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay, hang on here Debbie... WMRC (or Team AFTICA anyways) has Umbrella Girls... and they rock!! :thumbup

I think the best thing to wear at the track is probably jeans & a white t-shirt. If you wear a sweater/sweatshirt/fleece, just make sure it's not red, green or yellow (flag colours).

If you're interested in helping out, just show up (as has already been pointed out) at about 7:30 or 8:00 a.m. and we would love to have your talent out there. It's a rush!

·
Ride Solo
4,214 Posts
Pick up a long-sleeve white cotton shirt at Value Village--great on those sunny days!!

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Al, I'll be talking to you about reg....

It's nice to see some folks wanting to help out and get involved. It's a great community out there. You will NOT be dissapointed. Riding or not I'm planning on being around for a long time just cause it's a great place to be.

·
Wear proper gear pls ;)
1,822 Posts
I'll be out hanging on a corner once and a while... haha... oh wait, AT THE TRACK THAT IS!!!! :devillook

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
The best way to get started is to come out and work on a corner in some capacity. Best seat in the house by far and you get a free lunch as well. Later on if you get more involved in the club and want to help out more there's a spot available. Just show up on the race or practice days before 8am and wander over to the tech shack area and look for the turn worker crowd around the picnic tables or ask at the tech area.

Later on if you enjoy the club and want to get more involved there's a spot available. But at that level we need a measure of commitment to ensure that you'll be there when needed.

·
1,768 Posts
I think I was volunteered to volunteer again, but I don't know if I can make all the dates this year. Simon, we'll have to chat.......

;D

1 - 20 of 37 Posts