BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just about to purchase some GP Pros. I am usually a size medium in most brands (Joe Rocket, Technic, etc.), but with the Alpinestars, I put on a size large and there still very snug. Does anyone know how much they stretch (GP Pro specifically)?

·
builder of bikes
4,802 Posts
They are made in Italy.

Italians are smaller people. Get one size bigger than you need for anything Alpinestar, Sparco etc that is made in Italy.

·
DELTA-ONE
795 Posts
cosworth said:
They are made in Italy.

Italians are smaller people. Get one size bigger than you need for anything Alpinestar, Sparco etc that is made in Italy.
Interesting.

I wonder if Astars fit smaller than the other Italian brands?

S

·
0 Posts
I bought some Alpinestar gloves myself. I believe they were a GP2 or something like that I can't remember. Anyway, I bought the XL and they were so tight my hands hurt after every ride, left red creases in my hands, jammed shit under my nails, hurt. Anyway, to sum it up. They fit amazing now, I couldn't be happier with them, no loose shit anyway. Makes it feel like I don't have gloves on at all. GREAT! They stretch a lot.

·
Newbie Poser Squid
2,709 Posts
Race gloves like GP Pro are supposed to be snug. Same problem withTeknic Speedstar and JR Speedmaster gloves. Alpinestars also tend to make their gloves with very skinny fingers.

·
DELTA-ONE
795 Posts
I had GP Pro's and I liked them quite a bit.

I was taking a look at the GP Tech's and saw that they had a vented knuckle area and vented lining in between the fingers.

Now of course these are for race use, but has anyone tried them on the street? I'm guessing if the temp drops a couple degrees you'd lose all feeling in your hands :laughing

·
contradiction incarnate
2,748 Posts
Kakashi said:
...I'm guessing if the temp drops a couple degrees you'd lose all feeling in your hands :laughing
on the contrary, your hands are actually a little smaller in the cold.
ever notice how differently a ring fits in the summer vs. the winter?

·
DELTA-ONE
795 Posts
slam said:
on the contrary, your hands are actually a little smaller in the cold.
ever notice how differently a ring fits in the summer vs. the winter?
I meant lose feeling from the cold w/ the ventilation :)

·
contradiction incarnate
2,748 Posts
d'oh!

yeah, okay, but even solid leather gloves with no liners will let your hands get damn cold/numb in the winter.

·
DELTA-ONE
795 Posts
slam said:
d'oh!

yeah, okay, but even solid leather gloves with no liners will let your hands get damn cold/numb in the winter.

Hmmm... i think i'll play it safe and just get the GP Pro's again.

·
contradiction incarnate
2,748 Posts
I've got Held Kryptons for most of the season (you can use some nitrile gloves to add warmth to any glove)
they're unlined.

When it gets really cold out, I use my Held Hawks.

·
Gear whore
2,922 Posts
i would've bought GP techs.. but $300 damnnn

·
Gear whore
2,922 Posts
slam said:
^ pricey gear?... hmmm... what are your hands worth to you?
heh, couldn't justify it when the joe rocket speedmasters were $150.

don't worry, i like spending money on gear just as much as the next guy. It's like every year i'm tempted to get another set of leathers :p

·
contradiction incarnate
2,748 Posts
I'm being pretty literal. If you use your hands to earn your living...
something to think about.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, do what works for you.

·
DELTA-ONE
795 Posts
I think the difference in protection of the any high end glove is more or less going to be the same. The more you pay the creature comforts you get. Ventilated knuckles, ventilated finger lining, better feel in the palm etcetc... plus Astars charges more on average for their product anyway :coffee

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
slam said:
I'm being pretty literal. If you use your hands to earn your living...
something to think about.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, do what works for you.
And for some guys there your dates

·
contradiction incarnate
2,748 Posts
haha, Bill... I was just waiting for someone to take it that way :laughing

1 - 20 of 31 Posts