BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Why are you on a sportbike?

• I have to go fast! no FASTER!

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • I am into bikes, racing, always have been, always will be.

Votes: 19 35.8%
  • All my friends do, so I pretty much had to.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm going to be on a bike regardless, I hate riding bitch.

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Chix/Guys dig bikes!

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Bikes are IN, and I look good in leathers!

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • To get around, its cheaper than a car and I can park easier.

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • I like a challenge, and bikes will challenge me till the day I die!

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • I'm to scared to drive cars, have you seen those guys??

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I wanna be an icy hot stunta! Look mom, no hands!

Votes: 8 15.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Devil's Advocate
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:rider

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
i ride because it is so enjoyable. Good challenge. and plus, driving a cage just sucks compared to riding a bike. the sheer rush of accleration is just mind blowing :) :rider

·
Slow
271 Posts
Reason 1 (not listed above): Riding is a really good drug in itself. A long time ago I chose not to smoke or get into more serious stuff. Recently I've even cut back on liquor (and never mixed with a ride). There's no reason to drink if you're out riding.

Reason 2: Cheap parking. Most locations have a hole in the wall or other type of cheap parking. I still insure my car all year round but never drive it for work.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
My grandparnts rode till they were 75-80 years old. I dunno something about motorcyling, I have always wanted to ride them.

My cousins teased me once on my b'day when I was a kid that my uncle was giving me a bike as a present ~ then they would have me do all sorts of silly things in order for me to get false info like when? what color ? etc.... lol, but since I have started riding, I dunno, didn't really know what to expect but it frees the mind, no worries, nothing, especially when I go on my nowhere to go rides and end up doing things like the loop...It gives me strength, gives me direction....gives me the confidence to look forward to my life...

No matter what happens, I have the bike & it's unconditional committment to me, the bike doesn't judge, the bike being non-human is the perfect human...

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Human said:
My grandparnts rode till they were in thier early 80s. I dunno something about motorcyling, I have always wanted to ride them.
:laughing :laughing

Your funny. :p

Typo I'm sure.

I ride because I love the freedom, I love every aspect of riding.

ANd yes, I voted Icy hot Stuntaz!!

A

·
0 Posts
why do you ride?

One word-Freedom!.The performance of a Ferarri and the fuel economy of a Ford Fiesta,the feeling of those G-forces when you take a corner,being on a vehicle that will out-accelerate just about anything else out there.Just too much fun..........ken.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Grew up loving bikes. wasting my money on them magazines when i was a kid, when frenz spent money on nice clothes and stuff. Got my licence, got a bike, now a rider for life. It's just awesome. There are too many words to describe the feeling when i'm riding. :thumbup

·
Registered
465 Posts
A little bit of everything .. Mostly cause its the cheapest way to get that type of performance/handling and sporty feel in a machine. I like the asphalt. Car or Bike doesn't matter as long as it is fast and perfectly balanced. Bikes are also cheaper to get into racing with. Maintenance is lower and you get rewarded alot more when you tune it properly.

I still dream of a real convertible sportscar though.

Other reasons .. the respect and patients it takes to operate a bike safely. It is almost an art. One that I have yet to master. =) But ya .. The way girls constantly ask for rides .. The way my guy friends are all starting to save up for lessons. The nice ppl who tell me I have a nice bike in the parking lot. It all adds a little bit to my motorcycling experience.

My parents worry about me though. But I show them that I am responsible and it gives them a little reassurance. But still .. It kinda stays on my mind how I am worrying them ..

·
=======
733 Posts
I ride mainly because I love motorcycles and its one of my only forms of transportation.

:thumbup

·
smooth
183 Posts
I sure get high doing it...................What a rush.......... :laughing :laughing

·
Back Again!!
852 Posts
Uhmmm...let me think....Vtwin power=torque
Uhmmm...Torque=exhilaration
Uhmmm...exhilaration=drug
OH!....Drug=Addict!...i was wondering why i needed it all the time!:D

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Re: why do you ride?

auger said:
One word-Freedom!.The performance of a Ferarri and the fuel economy of a Ford Fiesta,the feeling of those G-forces when you take a corner,being on a vehicle that will out-accelerate just about anything else out there.Just too much fun..........ken.
Auger, you said it all. :thumbup

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
I just dig it:thumbup

·
Registered
234 Posts
Riding a bike to me is a feeling of freedom, being on a bike with nothing around you, feeling the wind rushing past you is something you can not feel with any other form of transportation. The whole aspect of riding is in a word "WONDERFUL"

D

·
0 Posts
Why I ride

I've spent two days thinking about why I ride, and I just can't tell you in words. It's everything, I just can't pick a few things to tell you why. Riding causes every gland in my body to emit their bounty. It's pure love baby. Got to got to got to,... satisssssffyyyy:rider

S

·
0 Posts
Think about getting in 4.xx secs to 100kph sensation, think about jumping like crazy on wild tracks, think about skidding every second and trying to get in control of what’s happening, think about your trembling hands after you got on the top of the something and your adrenaline is coming slowly at normal levels,… think at freedom and you’ll know why I’m riding.

·
Wanderer of the Wastes
6,817 Posts
...without the threat of death there's no reason to live at all.

·
bcsportbike goon
596 Posts
Every year I head up to Penticton with a few guys, same guys since highschool, this year is the 5th trip.

Last year, one guy rode up alone on his bike. This year, there will be 2 more (me and another friend). That was the real reason for getting on a bike.

Plus I was ridin butch on my bro's bike last year with him a few times. I wanted to feel the power myself, so here I am, and love every minute of it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts