BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why dont people now how to drive in vancouver? is it the
lack of Snow?, Or the lack of good Weather?

Fri April 14, 2006 I was riding on Capillano Rd. In North
Vancouver, Doing speed limit. and as im riding, there was a
car pulled over onto the sidewalk parked illegally with no
blinkers, and as i got closer with out signal or warning the driver
pulled onto the road and cut me off, and i ended up smashing
into the corner of her left rear End, i flew into her trunk
head first. Thank God I Had All My Gear Except Pants.
My helmet was smashed in the front, my jacket had just
a couple of scratches, and my gloves were torn.
And while im screaming in pain, rolling on the pavement,
the lady gets out of her car taking her time, still on her
cell phone! I was in shock. I almost broke my neck, and the lady
did not seem to even notice. And to the people that did stop and
help out, Thanks. The firemen were great!, Super Fast Response,
thank you guys.

How do people pass there Drivers Test???? $$$$ i dont get it?
And the lady never got a TICKET!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was @ capliano road riding today too, and a car pass me on the right and then cut me off in a single lane traffic.....

drivers this days...

·
Registered
340 Posts
Sorry to hear what happened, her behaviour would have pissed me off majorly. Glad you're ok.
I hope you have names of witnesses.

·
Je ne suis pas Francais
3,398 Posts
sue her ass to the ground

·
Registered
69 Posts
im asian, and i'll be the first one to say that riding in richmond scares me
they just dont bother looking at where they go

besides...shoulder check and you might miss a second of that phone conversation...

·
no pain no gain!
49 Posts
The one that don't see you is bad enough,but i f$^&ing hate the driver that think they can keep up with bike then box you in.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
after the hit, i remembered that there was a car behind me, so i tryed to
get up and get out of the way, but i stood up and fell back down in pain,
and when i tryed to see my bike, it was like 15 or 20 feet away. i dont recal
how but it was, i was just trying to get out of being pancaked in between two cars. thank god the car behind me was an old man doing 30!!

·
Get to da choppah!
1,133 Posts
People are such fucking morons. No one can figure out how to merge anymore, they drift into your lane turning from Denman onto Georgia to go over the bridge, the list goes on. Cap road is usually one of the less worrisome segments of my trips out of and back into the North Shore.

Good to hear you're ok.

·
mike was taken
530 Posts
besides all the stuff about not looking, knowing how to drive, or pushing to try and be first what really scares me is that know one seems to really act like when they drive they can very easily kill themselves or quite a few other people.
Most people wouldn't go up and punch a stranger in the face for no reason, but they seem perfectly fine putting their and other's lives in danger by not focussing on driving 100%.

·
Time to Ride...
109 Posts
Glad to hear you're ok, milk her pockets!

yea... its bad out there!
today I was driving home on Lougheed in the right lane in front of Boston Pizza/Cactus and this guy pulls out of there onto the road infront of me onto the shoulder where it wasn't even a lane, I gave him some space because I thought he was going to come in but he didn't, so I goto pass him and he starts drifting into my lane! no signal or anything! bastard made me swerve into the left lane! (good thing there werne't any cars coming in that lane) sometimes I hate them chinese drivers! n no offence to chinese ppl, cuz I'm chinese:laughing but just some bad drivers out there!

·
Registered
206 Posts
I hate riding into Vancouver because it seems like I cross this invisible line after the Oak St bridge and I'm suddenly in the-land-of-the-silver-Mercedes-that's-apparently-trying-to-kill-me. I don't know if a louder horn would help. Getting these drivers to look much further than the hood of their car is a real challenge. And mirrors? Aren't they for checking your make-up and/or hair?

I'm originally from Montreal where everyone drives way too fast but at least they know HOW to drive. I can't understand how so many drivers in the Lower Mainland don't seem to possess even rudimentary driving skills. Could someone please explain how these drivers get licences?:banghead

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Glad your OK ....I was at the movies last week ...came out after the movie ..the side of my car was side swipped !! Hit and run ....thankfully some teenagers seen the accident ..reported to guest services.. 3 witness and the plate number ....funny it was an asian lady !! I see a patern !! well she is getting a ticket ...not sure how much .. as long as Vancouver continues to grow it will only get worse and we will continue to pay the high insurance ....

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys, i feel great, but again i think its the drugs!
My hip just gets bigger and bigger, i might have to name it.
I to realized that the worste drivers, tend to drive the bigger
SUV's, Cause they now they will crash, and they will servive!,
and who care's about the other driver. But in North Van, its not
the asians, its 90 percent persians, Sorry to all my persain friends
i love you all and no offence ment, but they drive with the cell, eat
and pick up who ever, whenever on lonesdale, and nothing else matters,
its like there is no others on the rode. And older folks, Dont now were they
come from, but are always on lonesdale driving 5km hour. Im Just Angry Cause I cant do anyting this weekend, cause somebody forgot to check
there mirror.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Glad to hear your ok. I saw the aftermath of the accident. Bike didn't look too bad. Any witnesses?

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Rikrook said:

thank you guys.

I always punch 'em in the face (or biatch slap 'em if it's a woman) It is your responsibility to beat it into 'em to pay attention! Don't worry about court assult charge it is easy to get off that if you do it "in the heat of the moment" ! (trust me)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Rikrook said:

thank you guys.

Nice to hear you walked away from it with no major injuries.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
people and there cell phones bite....few years back i was driving in coquitlam down mariner I come to an intersection which i have the right away at this dumb biach on her cell phone does a califonia roll at the stop sign thinking she is at a 4 way stop. so I swerve to find oncoming traffic in the other lane and swerve back with no other choice but to hit her.....jeep cherokee vs honda prelude I win... check to make sure my wife and 6 month old baby are ok as baby is shreaking scared shittless,get out of the car am absoulutley livid to see she is still talking on her cell phone...some jackass runs up his driveway screaming that i didn't even try to get out of the way... I shut him down right away,my wife gets out of the car talks me out of beating him within inches of his life(damn common sense) my wife gets baby out of car and the girl breaks down in tears,,, long story short she claimes 100% at fault.Not a bike incident but everytime I here of accident and cell phone in the same sentence my blood starts to boil.........funny side note ..it was her boyfreinds car she was driving and it looked like he was took care of it ......I don't know quick hi/bye on the phone while your driving but shouldn't be talking to kill time untill you get to you destination in my opinion....

·
Registered
841 Posts
I did my road test on Wednesday in Burnaby and when I pulled into the parking lot to check in, I had to wait alomost 5 minutes before I could pull into a stall because someone in a car couldn't park.

After the road test was over the same thing trying to leave my parking stall. Someone else was trying to park and I couldn't leave because they felt the need to attempt to back into the spot.

Nerves are one thing but who really decides it's time for these people to take their test? I just chook my head and thought there's 2 people that won't be passing today.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts