It gets too dark too early to ride.
There is nowhere to ride indoors.
:surrender

·
Registered
875 Posts
Buy a heated vest and/or heated grips.
Buy rain gear.
Don't be a wimp and just ride when its dark out.
Why do you need to ride indoors? With all the above you're set.

That being said.. my insurance ended mid-September and I haven't ridden since. :laughing

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Lack of light is the only annoying thing to me. Rain = fix all the broken crap and make bike look gooood. What is the point of f-ing day-light savings bs? So many countries don't bother with this crap. How can we abolish it and just leave it on summer time???

Me and gas rode till 6 last night. If there was light i would have stayed longer, but I had a good 2 hour session... was f-ing freezing and I had to pull over on the ride home to stick my hands on the rad to thaw them. Today I can't ride, but tomorrow it's on again.

Cold = wear snowboard gear. I wear halfpipe gloves, Timberlands, puffy jacket, longjohns under jeans... and I got my snowboard goggles for when it's real cold and sunny.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Mark, Call me next time you are out. I wear snowboarding gear too but still freeze my ass off. You and Gas are monkeys on bikes so you stay warm. I on the other hand am more like a hipo.

·
Sex Appeal
1,560 Posts
After many month of struggling of the bike I finally have it and now:

It's too cold to ride.
It's too wet to ride.

this is what i do...
ride all year round

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
I hear the southern hemisphere is nice around this time.

·
ninja machinist
3,103 Posts
Like everything in life there are trade-offs. Live in the most beautiful part of the world, put up with the rain. Live in a place where it's sunny and warm all year 'round, put up with air pollution and desert-like landscape. As far as Canada is concerned, I think we've got it the best here in the Lower-Rainland.

G

·
quit your bitching. if its too wet, cold, and dark to ride, maybe u should stick to the cage. or move to iraq and ride on camels

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Whatever. I'm 5'2", 98 lbs. I wear a few layers of clothes, no heated vests or heated grips, or warm leathers, and I'm still out there enjoying my rides.

·
Just Ride
1,030 Posts
After many month of struggling of the bike I finally have it and now:

It's too cold to ride.
It's too wet to ride.
-Thats funny, by the time a guy's finish riding, he's usually sweating
-Wet days are great for burn out practice
-Find a street lamp, guys ride all winter long. Besides, the darkness keeps you in stealth mode
-I know a couple of covered spots, slick as shit and tight like a waterbugs ass.

Gotta make do with whatcha got dude.

I love Vancouver, its the lame-ass, stick in the mud, snotty ass, snivellers that reside here that I hate so much.

It is a lot tougher to get motivated to head out in the freezing rain though, I feel ya there.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So let me get this straight. A lot of you do actually wake up early in the morning, hop on your bike in freezing temps, ride to work for an hour in traffic, spend a whole day at the office and then spend another hour or so in traffic on the way back home in conditions not much better than when you left? And you find this to be fun and exciting or just bearable? I for one, don't like to be cold or wet or both if I don't have to. I like to enjoy my coffee and radio/tunes on the way to work and I like to do the same when I am coming home after a ten hour work day. I never said that I can't do it, I just said that there are many reasons stated above why I don't like doing it. And maybe you misunderstood me, but I wasn't talking about riding on a Sat morning after a hot breakfast with a bunch of friends. Given a choice all of you would prefer a warm sunny place to live in if you could. Vancouver is pretty and fun and exciting and the best place to live in if you a visitor for a week in August.

Gasman, you should share some of those secret spots you got stashed away, cause I've got nothing.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts