BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a lot of people posting about riding up to Cypress, and I was wondering what the deal was all about. So this morning, I went and did Cypress, then Seymour.

Cypress is boring! You get a couple nice turns but it is mostly straight. And for all the freeway riding necessary to get there (if you live on the other side of the Fraser) it just is not worth it.

Seymour was much more interesting IMHO, way more turns and the pavement is in worse shape than Cypress so you get your back tire sliding out on some corners where the pavement is cracked. (It freaked me the first couple times, but then it was not a big deal). But Seymour is still a long ride out, and there is much more traffic (mountain bikers, cyclists, etc) since Seymour is more of a year round mountain.

I went riding with Frost last week in the Langley/Fort Langley/Aldergrove area and I got to take WAY MORE corners and twisty sections there. Plus it is closer, there is a lot less traffic, and you end up spending more time riding than commuting. :)

I think Baker would kill our local mountains, and since the roads through Sumas are not all straight, even the ride to the mountain would be enjoyable.

Any comments?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Let me know when a baker ride happens cause it is gonna rule. That is one that I dont wanna miss. :rider

·
Wanderer of the Wastes
6,833 Posts
agree'd!

there's some nice sections of road out towards fort langley/abby area....kinda gotta explore a bit to find em all. Ever go around the stave lake area? again, some nice twists in that area...hell, one of the better sections even loops back upon itself, so if there's no traffic and/or you don't pay attention to stop signs, it makes a great 'street' racetrack!

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
vrecksler said:

I went riding with Frost last week in the Langley/Fort Langley/Aldergrove area and I got to take WAY MORE corners and twisty sections there. Plus it is closer, there is a lot less traffic, and you end up spending more time riding than commuting. :)

LANGLEY RULES ! :thumbup

LOL, Manny knows the best roads in Langley/Aldergrove from 232, lots of twisties and then come out of 260....lol

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
I like Cypress and Seymour...but I live like four minutes away from each. You're right though, Seymour is a lot more fun than Cypress...Cypress is very straight, but you can see farther through some of the turns and the pavement is nicer. Another nice road is Cap Road up to Grouse...well it would be nice if there wasn't so much damn traffic ALL the time.

·
Registered
872 Posts
duh, maybe i should check the going for a ride forum before I spout off

Just call me post whore :D

anyways the ride is this sunday (2 days from now) according to the post there

·
Registered
166 Posts
Harps said:
I like Cypress and Seymour...but I live like four minutes away from each. You're right though, Seymour is a lot more fun than Cypress...Cypress is very straight, but you can see farther through some of the turns and the pavement is nicer. Another nice road is Cap Road up to Grouse...well it would be nice if there wasn't so much damn traffic ALL the time.
cap road used to be good, but then they put those plastic stands in the middle, so no one can cut corners on those tight turns anymore

·
Go big or go home
271 Posts
I agree Cypress and Seymour are boring. Have not explored much of Langley.I have been told some nice roads in Mission area Stave Lake.

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
1.6se said:

cap road used to be good, but then they put those plastic stands in the middle, so no one can cut corners on those tight turns anymore
Well, once you get your first bike, you won't want to be cutting any of those corners anymore. ;) Nothing's worse than hitting a car head-on because you're running too wide or too tight.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Harps said:

Well, once you get your first bike, you won't want to be cutting any of those corners anymore. ;) Nothing's worse than hitting a car head-on because you're running too wide or too tight.
me n my friends used to do late nite runs on cap road
we cut corners like crazy, but basically there're no cars, cos it's usually 2am or later:p

·
builder of bikes
4,802 Posts
Agreed. A Baker recon run is in gorder soon. It's cold up there boys... real cold. And lots of gravel. Recon run only. No going hoping to carve it up...

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
At the base of Seymour there's another run called the Indian River rd. It's nothing special either because visibility is limited by thick tree growth. You turn right at the mouth of the Seymour run and I think it's the 2nd or 3rd left. It takes you into a really twisty, almost switchback like road. Couple of almost 180 degree hairpins.

It's not a destination because you just end up at a bunch of big houses on the water but if you're doing the Seymour run its worth checking that out too.

If you are going to Cypress, just keep going past it. Take the Caulfield exit a few exits down. At the stop sign take a left and just keep going. It leads to a couple of faster sweepers and crazy hairpins and you end up on the lower road by the water - which is another twisty, scenic route.

B

·
0 Posts
seymour and cypress = boring....baker, however, is fun but it is still cold up there man, really cold

D

·
0 Posts
Not only is Cypress a short boring ride, it can be riddled with
W. Vans finest. Of course on the other side of the topic, I really hate scraping fellow riders off the pavement or worse hiking around the banks looking for body parts.

G

·
0 Posts
roads

mission stave lake loop its a good ride,enjoy,theres alot of roads inbetween that connect also.i do it once a week or so.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts