BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

81 - 100 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Equating BC politics to this craziness?

Nope.

We have left, right (though liberals are supposed to be slightly left of right, they are not in this province) and green.

What's going on south of us is bat shit crazy, we are just run of the mill crazy.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
I personally think Trump has done a better job than a lot of people thought he would. For a change he has somewhat kept his pre-election promises, and while Canada may not like some of his moves, he is doing what he can to try and improve US. He also doesnt give a rats ass if Canada or any other country doesnt like it, and doesnt care what we really think. It would be nice to see our PM try to do something productive for Canada since he won, instead of worrying about his photo ops on the beach, running around seawall and so on. He is working on his modeling career more than Canadian economy and many other issues.

And you know what, if the whole US-Russia link is real (which I still very much doubt) who gives a shit. Having 2 super powers with closer ties to one another, instead of doing whatever they can to screw other over, is nice change. I would much rather have them be friendly and somewhat civil than have a finger on the nuclear trigger 24/7 as was the case with Obama and Bush.

·
Registered
6,143 Posts
I personally think Trump has done a better job than a lot of people thought he would. For a change he has somewhat kept his pre-election promises, and while Canada may not like some of his moves, he is doing what he can to try and improve US. He also doesnt give a rats ass if Canada or any other country doesnt like it, and doesnt care what we really think. It would be nice to see our PM try to do something productive for Canada since he won, instead of worrying about his photo ops on the beach, running around seawall and so on. He is working on his modeling career more than Canadian economy and many other issues.

And you know what, if the whole US-Russia link is real (which I still very much doubt) who gives a shit. Having 2 super powers with closer ties to one another, instead of doing whatever they can to screw other over, is nice change. I would much rather have them be friendly and somewhat civil than have a finger on the nuclear trigger 24/7 as was the case with Obama and Bush.
Agree with your statement. He's done his best to keep the promises from the campaign, even if you did not like those promises. The ones he will not be able to keep, are being prevented by livelong politicians who do not want the gravy train to end.

·
license to chill
2,850 Posts
Is this a joke?

- Build the wall
- Repeal Obamacare
- Lock her up
- "Bomb the shit out of Isis"
- Rebuild infrastructure
- Drain the swamp

These were what passed for his semblance of a campaign platform. I challenge anyone to point out the promises kept.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Is this a joke?

- Build the wall
- Repeal Obamacare
- Lock her up
- "Bomb the shit out of Isis"
- Rebuild infrastructure
- Drain the swamp

These were what passed for his semblance of a campaign platform. I challenge anyone to point out the promises kept.
You had to pick all the stupid ones that everyone knew wont happen.

Wall: Budget increase request of 1.6B for 2018. It is a start
Re-negotiate NAFTA: Started working on this. Will most likely succeed in some way
Obamacare: As of may 4th this is back in action.
WTO: See NAFTA above.
Lower business tax: Kills AMT, and is still on track to lower this tax
End birthright citizenship: House bill introduced.

SO yes, he is keeping most of the promises, or at least working towards them.

So far only one he failed on is releasing his taxes, which is a no brainer.

And just to add, he did try to do a lot more, but it was House or Congress that either put an end to it, or is stalling (or judges blocking it). He does not control House/Congress/Judges. he can try to persuade them, but ultimately they have final say on some of these things (see Obamacare, sanctuary cities, and wall as an example)

·
Wanderer of the Wastes
6,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
I know a couple die-hard Trump fans. It's an interesting conversation to have.

When questioned on even 1/20th of the buffoonery, ... they just have no idea. They're just so woefully un-informed on the whole thing. They literally have no idea who any of the actors in this circus are, except for 'the big orange'. They really think the media 'has it out for him'. It's all 'fake news with alternative facts'. When presented with real, recorded evidence... well the hands go up, and it turns into a deflective rant about Trudeau, as all the dumb things he's doing/did. (*hint: it doesn't even compare to the Treasonous Trump)

All these Trump fans I've talked to... they all seem to subconsciously want the same thing; to pause and rewind time.
If you ask them, western civilization 'peaked' sometime between 1955-1986, and they desperately want to go back. They just want to unwind it all, and go back to a pre-internet pre-cellphone age. The pace of the world kept going... and they just couldn't keep up.

so... what year would you guys like to pause time in?

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Pre internet, pre cell phone age was quite lovely indeed. Nowhere as many zombies as there are today thanks to those inventions. You would think that with all the information at people's fingertips, they would be better off, but nope, they are more worried about sharing stupid cat videos than using wealth of info in their favor.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Pre internet, pre cell phone age was quite lovely indeed. Nowhere as many zombies as there are today thanks to those inventions. You would think that with all the information at people's fingertips, they would be better off, but nope, they are more worried about sharing stupid cat videos than using wealth of info in their favor.
The biggest problem with that wealth of info, that is the internet, is that there is as much missinformation as there is truthfull information.

You can back up anything your crazy mind wants to with internet "Quotes".

Ghandi never said "Bitches be crazy" , but, somewhere on the internet you might find a quote like that from him.

·
Registered Luser
2,112 Posts
I know a couple die-hard Trump fans. It's an interesting conversation to have. *
* so... what year would you guys like to pause time in?
Well there's always the libertarian fantasy of 1830 USA . Bit slavey and genocidey for me. Also, led inexorably to this steaming pile of stupidity we currently enjoy, so maybe not the best after all.

Don't think we have gotten to the "pause time" moment yet, but give us credit, we've only been fucking shit up for a 100,000 years. Contrary to current buffoonery, we (or our AI descendants) probably have a few more hundred million years here to flail around and figure our shit out. Cryonics anyone?

·
Wanderer of the Wastes
6,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
this thread ages well.

Canadian shoe-smugglers and child concentration camps. hrrrm...

How we diggin' this time line so far?

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
I find it pretty damn scarey. Even though the self-infatuated cheezie just signed an Executive Order saying that families won't be separated anymore, the thought of a country that would allow that is 6 km away does not provide a restful feeling.

Another scarey thing is the number of people in Canada that believe alternative news sources as the gospel truth. The inability to check a few facts with legitimate news sources is amazing. They see it posted, believe and share it before going on to forward another cat/bike/fail compilation. I can only imagine what Trump's base does to check on need sources.

·
Registered Luser
2,112 Posts

·
Wanderer of the Wastes
6,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #93

·
Wanderer of the Wastes
6,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
welp, Harley D hittin on Hard Times, they have attracked the ire of the orange cheeto-in-charge. Wonder what all the maga muppets think of this

·
9,052 Posts
I have this strange feeling that Trump just might pull off a full term, and possibly even get a second term. Scares the Bejeezus out of me, but with everything he has done and said, and no repercussions to his presidency, maybe his wacko style works? Who knows?

Harley moves production offshore.............be interested to see if they actually do it, or if they are just threatening Trump to make a point.

·
Wanderer of the Wastes
6,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
If Mueller is unable to pin the tail on the Donkey, Trump will absolutely get a 2nd term - the system is fully compromised and complicit, everyone knows it, most are powerless to do anything to stop it. They're openly inviting more Russian interference.

Democracy. Great idea, fun while it lasted; I fear Canada is next

·
Registered
904 Posts
I like Trump because the libtards are going bezerk over everything he does regardless of its worth LOL
I also used to smuggle shoes but now I just declare everything and if I pay taxes I still save ALOT of money over buying certain products in Canada's odd distributorship pyramid markets and our over taxation.

·
Wanderer of the Wastes
6,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
I like Trump because the libtards are going bezerk over everything he does regardless of its worth LOL
nah, I just don't think you've thought about this very carefully. or at all.

·
Registered Luser
2,112 Posts
man Harley hates its shareholders eh.
producing overpriced, underperforming bikes was just too damn profitable, even with the whole buell, vrod, electric bike non-starters.

obviously the next step in destroying capital is to pick a fight with a sitting president.

p.s. did anyone else have to show unsecure content in order to reply?

81 - 100 of 170 Posts