BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Winthrop Saturday 2nd Sep

Looking to do a trip to Winthrop on Saturday 2nd Sept, go out for more than a few bevvies on sat night, crash in a local motel, and ride back sunday. All levels of riders welcome, newbies included, no one left behind kinda ride. Out for a good ride and a good piss up. Yeah I'm old school... but my local riding mates are all outta town that weekend. Anyways let me know if your up for it, I can find a motel with vacancies where participants can book themselves in if we get enough interest.
Don't come on this site too much as the rides kinda died off, but hey I'm just trying to kick it in the arse a bit, Ridden lots of times back in the day with St Nick and Don, if they remember me they will vouch for my impeccable nature.....:thumbup

Oh yeah meeting place at crossroads restaurant 1821 Sumas Way, Abbotsford at 9am Saturday 2nd Aug, Departing at 10am

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Looking to do a trip to Winthrop on Saturday 2nd Aug, go out for more than a few bevvies on sat night, crash in a local motel, and ride back sunday. All levels of riders welcome, newbies included, no one left behind kinda ride. Out for a good ride and a good piss up. Yeah I'm old school... but my local riding mates are all outta town that weekend. Anyways let me know if your up for it, I can find a motel with vacancies where participants can book themselves in if we get enough interest.
Don't come on this site too much as the rides kinda died off, but hey I'm just trying to kick it in the arse a bit, Ridden lots of times back in the day with St Nick and Don, if they remember me they will vouch for my impeccable nature.....:thumbup

Oh yeah meeting place at crossroads restaurant 1821 Sumas Way, Abbotsford at 9am Saturday 2nd Aug, Departing at 10am
I think you mean September?

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Wish I could go with.

The wild fires stole a good portion of my summer. Playing catch up now.

Have fun.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pea Souper, Yeah my daughters live in Willy lake, so I'm up in that area quite a lot. we got them back down here in the LM for a week or so during the evacuation, which was the only plus thing about the whole willy lake fire thing.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Pea Souper, Yeah my daughters live in Willy lake, so I'm up in that area quite a lot. we got them back down here in the LM for a week or so during the evacuation, which was the only plus thing about the whole willy lake fire thing.
Hairy situation for sure, but i don't want to hijack the thread.

I kinda just did though :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK so its just me going. There are no rooms in Winthrop left at this point in time anyways. So its a loop ride for me. Group ride effort is hereby canned.

·
Posing with conviction
5,380 Posts
I would have liked to do it but with the long weekend, I have relatives in so no can do.

Trying to find time to do a Winthrop overnight in September.

·
Registered
8,705 Posts
we had to cut our ride short, riding bud picked up a nasty screw coming in to Winthrop. Got lucky and found a plug kit and air-seal in a can at the hardware store.

managed to patch it up and limped it home in the afternoon. Still a good ride, just not as long which is good for these old bones lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts