BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
~Flying Swan Hot Chick~
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If any ladies are interested, BMW personnel will be providing test riders information, assistance and a chance to sample bikes from the BMW range, many of which feature adjustable ergonomics and lower seat heights (for us shorties :flashy )

If you are interested in a test ride, you have to contact them prior to the event, at the email below

What: For Women Only - Exclusively Female BMW Test Ride Event
When: April 22nd (with April 23rd as rain date alternative)
Where: Delta Town and Country Inn
Located at Highways 99 and 10, Delta, B.C. Canada

·
~Flying Swan Hot Chick~
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
silverD said:
When's the men only test rides??
Probably the same place that the men's only "hot chicks" parties are! :flashy

You male riders are abundant out there...they want more hot chick riders out there!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I went to this event last year. BMW did a really nice job of making all of us girls feel welcome and confident. Many ,like myself, are easily intimidated on test rides when the testostorone is flowing. This is a very supportive event and is a must-do for all the girls. I will be away that weekend, otherwise I'd be front and centre. PS, I LOVE my K1200S. I am actually flat foot!

·
Meh... that's nice...
518 Posts
Aw maaan! can't make it - going Ziptrekking that day...... it would be a great opportunity to try a different bike or two...

Oh well - mebbe next time (hopefully there'll be one)

·
West Koots, I'm here....
3,226 Posts
Deb, the K1200S (low seat) is my first choice of test bike, hope I get a chance to ride it! My second choice of bike to test ride is the K1200R (again low seat one!).

·
West Koots, I'm here....
3,226 Posts
slather on some ''obsession'', squeaze on a push up bra, and whatever you do, don't remove yer helmet. also sit with yer legs crossed. i'm sure you'll get by.
Roger, is this what you did last year? Must've got busted due to those hairy knuckles!!

·
Wear proper gear pls ;)
1,822 Posts
I'm booked for the K1200s - again. lol - Saturday 5pm.

·
BBQ Squadron Member
2,739 Posts
FYI... Sunday April 30th @ John Valk's.
http://www.johnvalkbmw.ca/
You need to pre-register for your bike of choice. Day runs from 9am-4pm
:evil D()K :evilgrin

silverD said:
When's the men only test rides??

·
~Flying Swan Hot Chick~
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Remy said:
im short like a women... i can test ride one
You can sure come out and ask!!!!

I'm test riding the LOW K1200S! Very excited seeing as due to my *ahem* short circumstances I've never been able to ride a bike other than mine.:rockon

·
Wear proper gear pls ;)
1,822 Posts
fireball said:
You can sure come out and ask!!!!

I'm test riding the LOW K1200S! Very excited seeing as due to my *ahem* short circumstances I've never been able to ride a bike other than mine.:rockon
What time are you riding at?? Is it nearby my 5:00 pm time?

·
~Flying Swan Hot Chick~
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
R1 GIRL said:
What time are you riding at?? Is it nearby my 5:00 pm time?
1:00 - I tried to aim for later but that's the only time I could get. Do you know if the rain is supposed to hold off or not?

·
Member #899
2,611 Posts
Looks like we'll be riding in the same group Jodi - I'll be on the "r" though, while you're on the "s". If I like it, it will be my next purchase... an orange one! :) See you on Saturday at 5:00 p.m.

·
Wear proper gear pls ;)
1,822 Posts
Squire said:
Looks like we'll be riding in the same group Jodi - I'll be on the "r" though, while you're on the "s". If I like it, it will be my next purchase... an orange one! :) See you on Saturday at 5:00 p.m.
OH NANCY!!! I will be soooooo jealous if you buy the K1200s!!! I love it to pieces!!!!! There is absolutely NO WAY you will not like it. If I had the funds (which I don't), I would have one ... it is a great mix between my current bike and my old love, the R1.

I test rode both the K1200s and the K1200r last year... I didn't like the R as it has no faring... and I like the wind protection... you know us speed demons, we need protection from that wind - lol... but it does have a nice feeling of freedom on the R, both Ray and Adam have the R and I believe they are both very happy with it... while Debbie has the S and she is in love with hers... so yeah anyways... rambling... I LOVE the S... test rode it last year also, and it is one wicked machine, if I were to trade my bike in though, it would set me back another $6,000 plus I'd have to buy bags and whatnot, as the ones I have for my current bike wouldn't fit a new one. Its okay... I am fine with what I have... maybe one day I will be able to own a K1200s, until then, I will just show up for the test ride days and p/u my free t-shirt. lol.

As for the rain - I have heard forecasts for the weekend - NOTHING BUT SUN!!!!!

See you ladies on Saturday and some of you I will be partying with on Friday and Saturday night too!!!! :D

·
West Koots, I'm here....
3,226 Posts
These are my test times. Looks like Nancy and Jodi are gonna be in the same group at 5pm as I. I'm really looking forward to it!

2 PM R1200RT Low seat

4 PM K1200S Low seat

5 PM K1200R Low seat

Notice that all of them are low seat bikes!!

·
Wear proper gear pls ;)
1,822 Posts
flyfishinwoman said:
Notice that all of them are low seat bikes!!
Hahahaa... you shorties!!!! lol. :devillook

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Only downside to K1200S. My SUV gets better mileage! Or maybe I have a heavy throttle hand? Really, the thing is a gas guzzler and whoever designed the filler unit needs to be shot. Other than that, oodles of useable power, very linear power delivery and the most amazing brakes. Oh yeah, that electronic suspension is pretty trick. All in all, very sweet-just be preepared to shell out on gas (91 octane, of course).

·
Driving People Crazy
211 Posts
I was only able to reserve one lowered bike, they assured me that the bikes are already short (yeah, right). They have no idea.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts