BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:rider Yeah, baby, YEAH!! I had another speeding ticket come up for a hearing today, so I dutifully go down to the Delta courthouse. The judge reads the charge as they do and asks if I wish to dispute. I say "d-uh!"...or maybe I said yes, I dunno. Anyway she asks the copper if the Crown wishes to present evidence and Johnny Law says...get this "No." I just about shat myself!!! The judge said the charge was dismissed and I was free to go terrorize the community again....or maybe she just said free to go, I forget.

Woo-Hoo!!! I'm as happy as...as..a very happy thing!! That's two tickets in a row now. Just two more to go.

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
man, you gotta watch where you speed out there.... especially these days when cops have more power than before.

but congrats and safe riding. :rider

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
congrats Lloyd

·
builder of bikes
4,802 Posts
I've posted this before. Always dispute your tickets. Always. If they don't have a sace against you then you go on your merry way. Would you dispute a murder or theft over $1000 charge? Hell Yeah!

Good to hear someone execising their rights. :D

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Absolutely, Cosworth. As I always say:
[POMPOUS ASS VOICE] If you dispute it, you've got a chance; but if you don't you got nothing [/POMPOUS ASS VOICE]

D

·
0 Posts
Contrats Buddy!.. Man I am glad to hear that i'm not the only one getting all the tickets.. :D

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Human said:
Lloyd why did the officer say no ?
I have no idea. The only thing I can think of is that I wore a suit, and perhaps he thinks that I'm not a menace to society and that I showed up, and showed respect to the court. The only other explanation is that since I've delayed the ticket since last February, he can't remember the situation, but he had the ticket and his notes in front of him, I saw it.

Just my lucky day, I guess.

P

·
0 Posts
I've probably recieved 10-12 tickets over the course of 7 years, (most of which I recieved in the last 3 years during riding season). I've beaten every single one with the exception of 1 (photo radar). You just have to know how to work the system. It also helps when you've taken some law at school.

·
Veritas Aequitas
340 Posts
my last 2 tickets got thrown out.. took too long to go to court so they chucked 'em for me!! :D

at least there's something good about our legal system, huh?

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
luckiechickie said:
my last 2 tickets got thrown out.. took too long to go to court so they chucked 'em for me!! :D

at least there's something good about our legal system, huh?
Thay have to come to trial within a year don't they?

·
Veritas Aequitas
340 Posts
Hu99 said:

i think it's a year, yeah

i was SO guilty too.. but i figured "hey, what' the worst that could happen if i dispute? pay the tickets - i'd have to either way - might as well TRY"

VERY glad i did!

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Congrats, LuckieChickie. I'm hoping that the two I have outstanding will come to court after the limit. I got one in July and the other in August, so far....no word.

·
Veritas Aequitas
340 Posts
Hu99 said:
Congrats, LuckieChickie. I'm hoping that the two I have outstanding will come to court after the limit. I got one in July and the other in August, so far....no word.
:court :court down with tickets!! heh heh, best of luck with yours Hu99!

·
Wear proper gear pls ;)
1,822 Posts
How do you delay it?

Hu99 said:

How do you delay it for more than a year? Do tell.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: How do you delay it?

R1 GIRL said:

How do you delay it for more than a year? Do tell.
The catch is that if you delay a hearing, the constitutional right to a speedy trial is no longer valid. It only counts if the first hearing date they set after you dispute the ticket is set for over one year from the violation date.

·
Wear proper gear pls ;)
1,822 Posts
Ick. Mine was set for 1 month before the year anniversary of my ticket, any advice anyone?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts