BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the place I'm working at is desperately in need of staff, I figured I'd try and help myself out by finding people who need a full or part time job. Anyways I work in the Security industry with Paladin Security group in the Healthcare side, So yah Hospitals, clinics, etc. We are currently in need of 2 full time and 2 part time positions filled starting wage is $10/hr, if you have previous experience it might be more depending on the type of experience. first aid, etc.

If anyone here is interested let me know.

BTW if you're looking to get into law inforcement this would be an ideal stepping stone, especially if you're working at the Hospitals. Working at the banks don't count for experience when applying for VPD or RCMP.

:horse

·
I make grown adults cry!
344 Posts
Ouch!

I knew that the wages in the hospitals had crapped out since they de-professionalized hospital security a couple of years ago, but $10 an hour? We started at twice that(Plus benefits)in 2001! Did they ever give you guys back the body armour and room entry shields? Any of your guys getting MOAB training from VPD, or are they just sticking you with the CPI/Code White garbage(I long let my instructor certs in that POS lapse)? I know you guys can't carry cuffs either, which must make it fun to sit on guys for hours on end.

Of course, dealing with the alphabet soup of Hep, HIV, AIDS and just about everything else sucks at any wage. I'm pretty sure that Paladin can't afford me anymore, so I guess I'll pass!

·
Gear Driven Cams
4,411 Posts
For $10/hr go work at Starbucks instead. At least there you can get free coffee.

Or you could go apply at the Blenz coffee on Robson Street. Looks like they need some new staff:

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
For $10 an hour, I'd rather do clean-up at a job site.

D

·
0 Posts
but jason, you'd make about $18 an hour doing labourer work at a job site. and you wouldn't have to "chase perps".

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
It's that high just for clean-up people these days? Crap.
Another $12 an hour on top of the $18 and I'll go sweep for a living instead! :D

·
glowing ghostie!
3,112 Posts
Spike said:
For $10/hr go work at Starbucks instead. At least there you can get free coffee.

Or you could go apply at the Blenz coffee on Robson Street. Looks like they need some new staff:
Wow! Is that recent? Or something you dug up from a while ago?

·
I'm back
1,947 Posts
SpideRider said:
It's that high just for clean-up people these days? Crap.
Another $12 an hour on top of the $18 and I'll go sweep for a living instead! :D
Maybe if your working for a union, not generally. Going rate is about $12 an hour to start.

·
its closer now
1,858 Posts
lets see...

i went to school for 3 years... have been working for about 7 years.... tons of ot and weekends and holidays and i make $21/hr.

what would i be making in construction after 7 years? alot more than $21/hr i would bet

·
I'm back
1,947 Posts
SILVER_6R said:
lets see...

i went to school for 3 years... have been working for about 7 years.... tons of ot and weekends and holidays and i make $21/hr.

what would i be making in construction after 7 years? alot more than $21/hr i would bet
Definatley, and you would have been in the industry for 10 years because you only good to school 6 weeks a year, the rest of the time your working making money. The rate is actually what you make of it and depends on a lot of things. Piece work, hourly, working for one company, hopping around. Theres a lot of money to be made if your willing to work for different people all the time, theres also decent money with a steady income if you stay with the same company. I have one friend who makes $35 an hour, 10 years in the industry same company. I have another who averages $50 an hour doing piece work steel. It all depends on your skillset and your work ethic. There is also a lot of people out there stuck at $22-25 and won't go any higher because they have no work ethic and are as dumb as a sack of hammers, at least in the industry I work in.

it veries depending on which trade your talking about, union or non union. Theres highs and lows in every trade but some have many more highs then lows. Another thing is are you working all year long, none of our guys have been laid off even 1 day in the last 4 years.

D

·
0 Posts
union labourers are probably in the $25/hr range.

electricians are hovering at $30/hr.

if a non union labourer is not making $18 an hour, he needs to quit fast.

·
I'm back
1,947 Posts
doug said:
union labourers are probably in the $25/hr range.

electricians are hovering at $30/hr.

if a non union labourer is not making $18 an hour, he needs to quit fast.

If they can get they can get it more power to them. I'd never pay a labourer close to $18 an hour to push a broom and have never had a problem finding people to do it. Actually I'd love someone to call me up and ask for that it would make for a good laugh around the office. :laughing

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Honestly you really have to like what you do for a living, maybe when I get older and tired of what I'm doing now, I just might go and start teaching piano lessens to kids and charge $50-$70/hour.

Did starbucks go union or something? $10/hr is quite a bit for a coffee maker, unless your working as a Supervisor for starbucks. Otherwise I think they pay minimum wage of $8.50.

D

·
0 Posts
just checked on a labourers union website. they are to be making $34 an hour by 2010, according to their new contract.

www.cswu1611.org

Construction workers who belong to a union make more money per hour - regardless of whether they're men or women, and regardless of their ethnic background.

For Laborers in specialized areas, the difference is even greater, according to the ENR Construction Economics Department. For example heavy-highway union Laborers average $25.47 an hour in wages and fringe benefits, compared with $13.72 for heavy-highway laborers not in the union - that's 86 percent more.

R

·
0 Posts
minimum wage is 8.50 now? hmm it's been a few eyars since i've worked for minimum...

and 50-70 for piano lessons? o_O even the best teachers are usually around 40 arent they? i havnt taken lessons in a pretty good long while.

·
Registered
978 Posts
fuk gettin a job, passive incomes where its at! i met a guy who was 21 this past weekend and made $40,000 this past week in passive income and no he didnt get any help from his parents...theyre broke ass immigrants

1 - 20 of 64 Posts