BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
World superbike ? - looks more like a freakin Ducati series....

World Superbike - Friday Qualifying Times
1. Troy Bayliss (Ducati) 1´41.961
2. Colin Edwards (Honda) 1´41.973
3. Ben Bostrom (Ducati) 1´41.996
4. Ruben Xaus (Ducati) 1´42.505
5. Neil Hodgson (Ducati) 1´42.687
6. Noriyuki Haga (Ducati) 1´42.830
7. Pierfrancesco Chili (Ducati) 1´42.929
8. Lucio Pedercini (Ducati) 1´43.304
9. Juan Bautista Borja (Ducati) 1´43.336
10. James Toseland (Ducati) 1´43.449
11. Hitoyasu Izutsu (Fuchs Kawasaki) 1´43.525
15. Chris Walker (Fuchs Kawasaki) 1´44.350

G

·
Heh, see why I don't like WSB?

Oh Oh! Who's gonna win?!!? Ducati or Ducati!?! Oh the suspense is killing me...

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Damn, I hate that. The f***ing rules from SBK prevent the 4 cyl bikes from competeing. F***ing Italians!

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
the rules are changing I believe in 2003.... 1000cc of any engine configuration I believe but I think they are capping horsepower at 160....

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's going to be too late....Kawasaki moves to GP next year and therefore leaves only Ducati, Honda's RC and Aprilia..a lot of fun that will be...

Canadian_Gixxer said:
the rules are changing I believe in 2003.... 1000cc of any engine configuration I believe but I think they are capping horsepower at 160....

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
Human said:
It's going to be too late....Kawasaki moves to GP next year and therefore leaves only Ducati, Honda's RC and Aprilia..a lot of fun that will be...

kawi is not racing next year in WSB? I think the suzuki alstare team is still gonna be around, but they are only running 1 bike this year.... whether they switch to the gixxer1000 or stick with the 750 who knows....

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
umm, as far as I know no, the Eckl team will switch to MotoGP completely...in superbike, I think everyone is still in it for the 600cc class

Canadian_Gixxer said:

kawi is not racing next year in WSB? I think the suzuki alstare team is still gonna be around, but they are only running 1 bike this year.... whether they switch to the gixxer1000 or stick with the 750 who knows....

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Wait till all the rules change then we will see how the Italians do...Let's see four races this year and four wins for Ducati, but wait it gets even better all four wins by the same Ducati rider Troy Bayliss. My prediction for tomorrow.......Ducati wins.

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
Yeah, I thought Haga was riding the Priller this year. Hey, what happened to Troy Corser? Did he move into GP racing or something?

·
Track Day Wh0re
505 Posts
Troy Corser (former WSBK Aprillia rider) and James Haydon (former BSB Virgin Mobile Racing R7) will ride Foggy's new Petronas/Foggy World superbike.

They'll be ready for Laguna Seca.

Harps said:
Yeah, I thought Haga was riding the Priller this year. Hey, what happened to Troy Corser? Did he move into GP racing or something?

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
eg_hybrid said:
Troy Corser (former WSBK Aprillia rider) and James Haydon (former BSB Virgin Mobile Racing R7) will ride Foggy's new Petronas/Foggy World superbike.

They'll be ready for Laguna Seca.

REALLY!?! I didn't know that...how did I not know that? I had heard of Foggy's new superbike team (dad's a big Carl Fogarty fan) but I didn't know that they were going to be racing this season, and with Corser on board. That's sweet!

·
California dreamin'
2,440 Posts
Yeah, let's wait and see if they will be ready by the time Laguna Seca rolls around. I've read all kinds of speculation in the press that they won't be ready in time.

My question is does anyone know if Corser voluntarily left Aprillia, or did they dump him?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts