BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Saw this in Japan...this thing inflates like an airbag within a micro-sec if it gets activated in a fall..theres a lanyard like a parachute link strap that u connect to the bike and if it gets pulled...poooof!!! it autoinflates around the neck, arms , wrist and spine......thought it was an excellent safety gear. the jacket was about 294 dollars Cdn and about 30 bucks for the vest.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
shit ... not a good design. I would forget to disconnect it prior to getting off the bike and poof all hell breaks loose!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had a bit of communication probs with the salesman but i'm pretty sure for sumthing techy like this there wud be a safety provision built in for a mistake like that

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Vili said:
shit ... not a good design. I would forget to disconnect it prior to getting off the bike and poof all hell breaks loose!
Just what I was thinking, lol.

Ryan

·
Addicted to speed
237 Posts
I thought a long time ago that a quick inflate vest would be a good idea, someone finally made one....though I pictured it like twice the size of your body once infalted, not just small areas

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
That's really cool! :thumbup

·
Registered
170 Posts
nightstalker said:
I had a bit of communication probs with the salesman but i'm pretty sure for sumthing techy like this there wud be a safety provision built in for a mistake like that
that is true. we did a reaserch on this product before since we thought of importing it in. it takes 50 lbs of tug pressure before you actually pull the pin. so imagine being on a sitting position and having a 50 lbs plate on your lap. so forgetting about the pin wont be an issue unless your just stupid strong

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
CYRUS said:
that is true. we did a reaserch on this product before since we thought of importing it in. it takes 50 lbs of tug pressure before you actually pull the pin. so imagine being on a sitting position and having a 50 lbs plate on your lap. so forgetting about the pin wont be an issue unless your just stupid strong
You say you are importing it?

How much does it sell for, since i do think its a good product.

·
Fast Pack Slow Guy
4,722 Posts
Here's the real question: If you crash into a body of water, does it act as a life preserver as well? What is it's boyancy rating?

·
Fastronaut
6,508 Posts
Some guys in the US had a similar vest, great viddy's of them lowsiding Hogs without any injury. If I knew someone who had one I'd yank the pin and run!

·
Gear whore
2,922 Posts
if it can prevent that serious back injury, it's worth it. One other question is that once it does inflate, is it easy to deflate again and reuse? Like yeah, what if some dumbass pulls the cord on you.. is it wasted?

I'd imagine to inflate that thing instantaneously would require a powerfully pressurized canister of air.

D

·
0 Posts
it operates exactly like an inflatable life vest. it uses a co2 charge (like a pellet gun, but bigger) to instantly inflate.

it may be reusable and repackable, providing there is no damage to the air bladders. the life jackets have replacable charges.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Portable air fence....nice
the prices are pretty reasonable too.$30 for a vest? good deal.

Will something like this need DOT approval?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
To all the questions above...yeah it uses a squib (pellet charge) which is replacable and i'm assuming the jacket is more then one use only...i tried the jacket on and it was pretty lite......i had already exceeded my customs allowable for back home otherwise i wus gonna pick up one.

·
Fastronaut
6,508 Posts
Probably it's a good that you didn't try flying with an vest that has explosive squibs packed in it.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts