BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if anyone would like to come over to the island and do the tofino/longbeach run it's a very nice stretch of highway perferably sometime before the tourist season gets to crazy.just an idea all u guys/gals seem to like to ride a lot.I know I do.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been thinking about doing that ride since last year. Maybe we could plan a weekend trip for lower mainland riders to go over, stay a night and come back? (it's kind of a long day trip otherwise, with the ferry and all that!)

I'd be in for that :p

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
Myself and a few others have thought about doing that run. I'd most likely wait till June though. But I'm game:D .

atom

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i'd love to go too...i always go to surf, but i've never brought my bike before...sounds good

·
Back Again!!
852 Posts
scooter6r said:
just wondering if anyone would like to come over to the island and do the tofino/longbeach run it's a very nice stretch of highway perferably sometime before the tourist season gets to crazy.just an idea all u guys/gals seem to like to ride a lot.I know I do.
i am in..u set it up, I am sure many of us will follow!:D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i'd love to do that...
but i'd rather wait till more summer time.
more sun that way forsure...
dont want to get caught in cold weather or rain...
But end of may or june im down for that forsure!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
FYI-The road to Tofino (very cool place to visit), as I'm sure you all know is twisty as all heck, but the road surface sucks on the west half. If you're going over to the island and really want a great road to try sometime, try the road to Gold River, it is twisty in reasonable shape and there is no traffic, ever.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well it sounds like everybody would like to wait a little while.the rode was resurfaced in some of the rough spots the west side is not all that bad.some city streets are worse.I would like to set something up when everybody is ready.done finals and weather isn't as cool.that way it's all good for everybody.

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
Yeah, me and a couple friends were thinking of doing that ride sometime next month maybe. It is a great ride...but you guys are right, the road surface through Pacific Rim National Park (?) is pretty bad at some spots. The road is built on what used to be old lumber truck roads...the were made of wood paneling, and when they paved the road they just paved right over the wood. Over the years the wood has shifted around a bit, causing some major cracks and pot-holes in the roadwork. :eek Despite that, its' still a great road! The first time I ever put my pegs to the ground was on that road. :D Nice memories.

Did any of you guys go on the "Ducati Sport-turismo Ride" last year? It was put on by Harbourside motorsports in Nanaimo...A LOT of bikes there, and that was the route we took.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
ScooterR6, setup a post staing the date, location of meet (ferry terminal ?) and the ride and expected time of getting back....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ok how does may 11 or 12 sound.the boats leave hbay at 6:30 am or 8:30 am.and leave dbay at 7pm or 9pm.leave twass at 5:15 am or 7:45am.leave dpoint at 8:15pm or 10:45pm.whatever terminal everyone perfers i can meet there.whatever is good for everybody.that's fine with me.although 5:15 am may be a little early for some.

·
Registered
140 Posts
meet at ferry

since there are 2 of us on the island we could have someone at each ferry. I talked with David Lee at Harbour City Motorsports and he said it would be ok to meet at their shop before the ride. He says lots of guys in Nanaimo would like to join in on any ride going if they know the date and time. Seems there is no real organised group here. I talked to another biker the other day and he says very few police past Pt. Alberni . He says you can get airborne on that stretch.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts