BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was thinking about getting sliders for the tail end but when i slid out last summer, my pipes and the top of the rear (beside the passenger seat) are what got scratched. So, i was wondering whether it would be possible to get or create a set of sliders that would fit onto the sides of the tail, right below the passenger seat? Obiously drilling through the fairing would be necessary but it would be worth it. Even attaching some oval knee slider shapped sliders back there would help lots.
I'm not sure if how sturdy the frame of the bike is all the way back there but i'm sure you could install something like this so that your tail wouldn't touch the ground. (Your pipe will still, but that's another problem.)

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
I would contact Intuitive, as they often solicite feedback from riders to develop their products - they might know if that's feasable or not. PH-Q2 might know as well though..

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
My initial thoughts would be no. There really isn't alot of structure under the rear cowl. More or less just a couple of struts that are not meant for lateral support. But then again, anything is possible. If there is enough "meat" under that tail, you could have them machined. Dextron T100 or UHMW nylon blocks can be turned on a lathe to suit your requirements.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
If it was me ,I would machine up some uhmw to go on the bolt that holds the foot peg assembly to the subframe.

my $0.02

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
or even make a replacement for the passenger pegs that would act as a slider.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
the tail wont even touch the ground with those grab rails on there. They aint gonna break bend or come off in a lowside or anything like that either.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For now, my eventual goal for this bike is to have the Ducati style dual exhausts that hug the tail so that i can put sliders on the rear somewhere that will actually do something!

What is UHMV?

and on my bike, if i were to put anything by the foot pegs, it would have to stick out quite far cause the pags are quite close to my legs! And my legs would scrape before the pegs.

Maybe i should just get the ducati style pipes now so i don't have to worry,eh?

·
moving pylon
1,428 Posts
you should've bought a duc with the amount of money your gonna be spending man !!!

have you looked at exhausts yet?
I can't seem to find a highmount that keeps the passenger pegs

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i've looked briefly at exhausts and if i go for one, i'm going for a full system, which will run me about $1000-1500, if my research was correct.

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
Bluestone said:
and on my bike, if i were to put anything by the foot pegs, it would have to stick out quite far cause the pags are quite close to my legs! And my legs would scrape before the pegs.
Don't worry about this, if you go down, you don't want to be anywhere near your bike. Just make sure that the uhmw is long enough to clear your bodywork. In order to do this though, I would think that you would need bar sliders as well. To quickly figure this out, and this may sound strange. Using a piece of 1/4" plywood and place it against your tires. Lift the plywood up until it touches your frame sliders. Continue to move the plywood up until it touches the bar sliders. Look at your desired mounting location and you can pretty much judge how long the nylon has to be. The distance from the mounting area to the plywood plus 3/4" or 1" would be the longest that you should have too go.

BTW: UHMW is ultra high molecular weight....basically good quality plastic:D .

atom

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i was told that the stock things that come on the end of my bars are good enough!
It sounds like a good plan for the sliders but i'll have to wait a bit till i can afford to get something custom done like that.

For now, i gotta spend my $$ on the essentials, like a second set of fairings.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts