BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have passed my road test and am now seriously starting to shop now for a bike I.E test rides etc....

I would like some feedback on 600/650 class bikes if you wouldn't mind. I would using it primarily this for commuting 50-60km / day and still have some fun on the play-rides.

Yami FZ6, Katana 600/750, Sv650/650s,DL 650, Kawi 650, Honda 599 etc....

Thanks in advance everyone.

Korey

G

·
lots of info on beginners bikes is around. i think there is even sticky post on the subject in this section.

you can use search as well.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
New bike

Doh!

Thanks Doug.

·
Premium Member
11,196 Posts
DL650.... Hmmmmm. I suggest you find one and try getting a leg over it. If you're at all inseam challenged then you'll soon be looking elsewhere.

Other than that the list of decent new bikes for beginners of THAT SIZE RANGE looks pretty nice other than you missed the Bandit 600.

I test rode one at the Orca Bay day last year and found it to be a nice bike with out any raw edges that seemed quite beginner friendly for that size range.

Katanas have too much plastic in a fall but frame sliders can mitigate that. The Suzukis are longer bikes and because of that the naked version fits better. The fairing SV is really stretched for shorter riders unless they are at a race track. Hell, I'm 6' 1" tall and found the SVS to be too racy a crouch. Haven't ridden the others so can't comment.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Yup.
Try as many as you can get yer hands on.
When you ride the *right* bike, you'll know it.

What's good for me, may be all wrong for you.....

G

·
DL650.... Hmmmmm. I suggest you find one and try getting a leg over it. If you're at all inseam challenged then you'll soon be looking elsewhere.

Other than that the list of decent new bikes for beginners of THAT SIZE RANGE looks pretty nice other than you missed the Bandit 600.

I test rode one at the Orca Bay day last year and found it to be a nice bike with out any raw edges that seemed quite beginner friendly for that size range.

Katanas have too much plastic in a fall but frame sliders can mitigate that. The Suzukis are longer bikes and because of that the naked version fits better. The fairing SV is really stretched for shorter riders unless they are at a race track. Hell, I'm 6' 1" tall and found the SVS to be too racy a crouch. Haven't ridden the others so can't comment.
I bought a bandit 650s with the abs this year. It has about 80 hp and is totally comfortable. price is right too you can get it out the door for about 9200 $

1 - 8 of 8 Posts