BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has been posted before or talked about, and also sorry if im posting this in the wrong section.

thinking of buying this 2007 yamaha r1. its cheap and has low KM...

almost too cheap though. everyone i ask say its a wicked deal.

07 with 5500 km asking $7000 obo

the reason in hesitating is because the paint is aftermarket and one of my buddies said that this is a sign it may have had an accident and fixed privately. I already did an icbc check and it has a clean title no declaired accidents.

concerns? comments?

anything will help i just dont wanna get screwed after putting out a bunch of money.

thank you

·
Ride to you limits
1,220 Posts
Prob a drop or crash... Easy way to find is look for scratches on any part of the engine... Look at the bar ends, and any exposed metal or metal if the bike crashed would contact the road...

And if they will let you take off the fer-rings on the side.. Should not be to much of a hassle Bring along an 8& 10 mm socket and a #4 allan key..

also look up under the tail and the inside of the swing arm for rubber (aka burnouts)
Cheers
and remember if its too good to be true it prob is

·
Ridin hard n dirty
4,080 Posts
In Many cases people will do their own repairs instead of going through ICBC...If it had $1000.00 or less ...it is cheaper to pay the 1k than loosing a discount.

Or the owner just wanted to be unique! and have a different paint job.

But like the other post look for scratches where there shouldnt be scratches.

And IMO $7k for an 07 isnt a deal. It is about market. In fact a bit above.

·
backslider
11,298 Posts
no photo?

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
Sorry if this has been posted before or talked about, and also sorry if im posting this in the wrong section.

thinking of buying this 2007 yamaha r1. its cheap and has low KM...

almost too cheap though. everyone i ask say its a wicked deal.

07 with 5500 km asking $7000 obo

the reason in hesitating is because the paint is aftermarket and one of my buddies said that this is a sign it may have had an accident and fixed privately. I already did an icbc check and it has a clean title no declaired accidents.

concerns? comments?

anything will help i just dont wanna get screwed after putting out a bunch of money.

thank you

I consider "personalization" of a bike or car, like custom paint, as a negative in itself. Even if it hasn't been crashed, it still will cost 2K to make it right.
07 R1's can be had unmolested and stock, why ride a bike that has someone elses 'idea of great looking'!!!

Steve

·
Registered
29 Posts
I know the guy, he lives in langley, it has a r6 tail section, super clean bike, looks sick and no it has not been dropped/crashed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts