BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Beer League Racer/Asshole
5,218 Posts
Yup, slow vs fast just means people wait for others. We all ride our own rides, which is why we all enjoy riding together.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Meh! Diff between slow and fast is all of 3-5mins between stops
Exactly.

One thing about GAIA having stayed their earlier in the year is that it has changed a bit. New owners (off shore Russian's I believe). The grounds have been improved but I found the restaurant scene not quite as good as in the past. Food as well as service. Could have been just a tough week. That said the rest of its obvious charms are still intact. Location, pool, park the steed on your patio, etc. Likely a bigger group would be well accommodated as in the past. And the swans have moved to the Sacramento River they say.

·
Super Moderator
23,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The grounds have been improved but I found the restaurant scene not quite as good as in the past. Food as well as service. Could have been just a tough week. That said the rest of its obvious charms are still intact. Location, pool, park the steed on your patio, etc. Likely a bigger group would be well accommodated as in the past. And the swans have moved to the Sacramento River they say.
Agreed, we went one night for a "nice" dinner, and neither Adam or my steak was even all that acceptable, and they were approaching $30US each......let down.

We went for a walk after dinner, and property was very clean, had a tear in my eye, but quickly put my tail between my legs and drove back to the Best Western.

·
5,218 Posts
The food was just okay when we were there last year. Nothing spectacular. I think the change of ownership has played a big part in that. That said, there are good places to eat, but they are not at the Gaia anymore.

·
Registered
8,821 Posts
Do you guys think November is a bit late for this ride?
uhhmm... for me hell yeh, bike is off the road and ready to be winter-serviced over here.. kinda feels like a long way to drive for a few goes at a turn or two,

after i posted this i took a closer look at the sample pic above.. damnit cant get away at all , so jealous :laughing

i can hold off on service ;)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Was wondering if trailering/bike on truck a better way or should I take my time down the coast on 101. I have some time on my hand and shoulder season (Nov) in Vancouver kinda sucks (lots of rain but not cold enough for winter sports yet).

I would think riding down the coast should minimize any encounter with snow......

·
5,218 Posts
You have to go through some pretty high elevations to get down to Cali. We've encountered snow in May, let alone November. Trailer it down for sure.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
So close to T-Hill it would be very tough not to stop in for a one day session if the calendar lined up.
been there, done that. frikkin amazing. I still like ORP better, and the Ridge is wonderful, but if you wanna ride FAST, fully committed, and really challenge yourself , T-Hill is gonna suck your balls right up into your abdomen! ...and then you get to go tour Nor Cal and/or the wine country and /or the North Coast and /or the Gold Rush country. THAT's why it's worth starting the season in Nor Cal... and finishing it too!

·
Registered
8,821 Posts
its the only way past september... the oregon coast is extremely temperamental, i got stuck in construction traffic, little towns everywhere in freakin' monsoon rains..

it was cold, freaking cold. wet as all that and i was exhausted from constant clutch action... never again :laughing

·
Green
2,290 Posts
I have done it as a season starter. I did an early march Oregon trip...as a warm up, couple track days. Went to cali set on kill.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts