BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Beer League Racer/Asshole
5,206 Posts
Yup, slow vs fast just means people wait for others. We all ride our own rides, which is why we all enjoy riding together.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Meh! Diff between slow and fast is all of 3-5mins between stops
Exactly.

One thing about GAIA having stayed their earlier in the year is that it has changed a bit. New owners (off shore Russian's I believe). The grounds have been improved but I found the restaurant scene not quite as good as in the past. Food as well as service. Could have been just a tough week. That said the rest of its obvious charms are still intact. Location, pool, park the steed on your patio, etc. Likely a bigger group would be well accommodated as in the past. And the swans have moved to the Sacramento River they say.

·
Super Moderator
23,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The grounds have been improved but I found the restaurant scene not quite as good as in the past. Food as well as service. Could have been just a tough week. That said the rest of its obvious charms are still intact. Location, pool, park the steed on your patio, etc. Likely a bigger group would be well accommodated as in the past. And the swans have moved to the Sacramento River they say.
Agreed, we went one night for a "nice" dinner, and neither Adam or my steak was even all that acceptable, and they were approaching $30US each......let down.

We went for a walk after dinner, and property was very clean, had a tear in my eye, but quickly put my tail between my legs and drove back to the Best Western.

·
Super Moderator
23,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Do you guys think November is a bit late for this ride?
Check the weather, hit and miss, certainly more risky as you approach Nov.

There's also the chance of getting snow in the pass on the drive down, food for thought.

·
5,206 Posts
The food was just okay when we were there last year. Nothing spectacular. I think the change of ownership has played a big part in that. That said, there are good places to eat, but they are not at the Gaia anymore.

·
Registered
8,758 Posts
Do you guys think November is a bit late for this ride?
uhhmm... for me hell yeh, bike is off the road and ready to be winter-serviced over here.. kinda feels like a long way to drive for a few goes at a turn or two,

after i posted this i took a closer look at the sample pic above.. damnit cant get away at all , so jealous :laughing

i can hold off on service ;)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Was wondering if trailering/bike on truck a better way or should I take my time down the coast on 101. I have some time on my hand and shoulder season (Nov) in Vancouver kinda sucks (lots of rain but not cold enough for winter sports yet).

I would think riding down the coast should minimize any encounter with snow......

·
5,206 Posts
You have to go through some pretty high elevations to get down to Cali. We've encountered snow in May, let alone November. Trailer it down for sure.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
So close to T-Hill it would be very tough not to stop in for a one day session if the calendar lined up.
been there, done that. frikkin amazing. I still like ORP better, and the Ridge is wonderful, but if you wanna ride FAST, fully committed, and really challenge yourself , T-Hill is gonna suck your balls right up into your abdomen! ...and then you get to go tour Nor Cal and/or the wine country and /or the North Coast and /or the Gold Rush country. THAT's why it's worth starting the season in Nor Cal... and finishing it too!

·
Registered
8,758 Posts
Was wondering if trailering/bike on truck a better way or should I take my time down the coast on 101.
down the coast? you mean the Oregon coast? in november? what ever the fvck for... take it from one who's done it in September, fvck that :laughing

·
Registered
8,758 Posts
its the only way past september... the oregon coast is extremely temperamental, i got stuck in construction traffic, little towns everywhere in freakin' monsoon rains..

it was cold, freaking cold. wet as all that and i was exhausted from constant clutch action... never again :laughing

21 - 40 of 60 Posts