1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
+ 39.9 km/h
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
... and can anyone do anything about Jonathan Rea this season?

·
How to ride
1,169 Posts
... and can anyone do anything about Jonathan Rea this season?
Tonya Harding style knee jobs aside, I don't think so. I really hope the Ducati V4 is going to put someone else on the top step this year. I read Honda will have a team with full factory support in 2019 - it might help. Still, Jonnie is going to be tough to beat.

Rea is a great racer. So many times last year he would start in P9 in Race 2 (with the shuffle) and then be leading the race by the 2nd lap. I cancelled my WSBK subscription for 2019 because the races were becoming too predictable.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts

·
Registered
8,650 Posts
The fact that Rea set his time on race rubber may well give his rivals pause for thought. The KRT Kawasaki rider had by far the fastest pace of the WorldSBK riders, racking up a total of 14 laps of 1'39, while his rivals could manage no more than a handful.

Although Rea was the fastest of the WorldSBK riders, he was a fraction slower than HRC test rider Stefan Bradl, at Jerez with the WorldSBK field testing the Honda RC213V MotoGP bike before it gets shipped back to Malaysia for the first test at Sepang.

W.O.W.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts