BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Out of curiosity does he have the stock can to trade? I might be interested in swapping to something less obnoxiously loud then what I have :) I can't make any promises though.

·
Track Day Wh0re
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think he might... gonna ask him to look for it.
What type of can is it?

no promises? ... no problem:)
Jay P said:
Out of curiosity does he have the stock can to trade? I might be interested in swapping to something less obnoxiously loud then what I have :) I can't make any promises though.

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Deleted a bunch of banter on this thread. Remember, if it's not about the item it's gone.

Please wipe your feet. Thankyou.
The management

·
Track Day Wh0re
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey JayP,
i just wanted to confirm that my friend still has his oem 91 F2 pipe. It's in good cond. but with the regular superficial scratches etc.

If you're still interested in trading, let me know how much cash you want on top or extra parts (i.e. spare bodywork, seat, headlight/tail light etc.) .

Thx.
Jay P said:

J

·
0 Posts
Bastard server, It deleted my long, well thought out post.

What do you mean by superficial scratches? was it dropped
Mine has some minour damage, about 2 CM worth of scratches on the two metal bands and the bracket, and the CF is a bit faded as the can's been on the bike for a bit, also one line across a corner of the Yoshimura R&D badge. I'm not sure if you're still interested in it after hearing that though.

How hard is it to install? and would I need carb work? as I'd need to be doing it all myself.

Oh, ahem, stupid question I know, but what does the stock sound like, I figure it is a LOT quieter, but ...

Edited for spelling, cause this post is less well thought out.

·
Track Day Wh0re
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JayP, my friend ended up buying a new leo vinci.
If you're interested in buying the stocker, i'm sure he'll be willing to sell it.

As for the scratches yes, it has been dropped sometime in it's lifetime but not by my friend. If you're willing to put some elbow grease to making it look good, you can use a real thick grit sand paper and start sanding, as the scratches become less noticable, use finer and finer sandpaper. When you're done, paint it with high heat back paint.

As for install, i would say it's a 2/10 for difficutly. In other words, real easy. It's actually confidence building if you're not real into wrenching into your bike.

If you're bike is re-jetted, it make be a good idea to adjust the jetting if your going back to stock (run rich?). If not, you'll be fine.

The sound? Ha, not sure... quiet i guess. It sounds like any stock honda, quiet!
Jay P said:
Bastard server, It deleted my long, well thought out post.

What do you mean by superficial scratches? was it dropped
Mine has some minour damage, about 2 CM worth of scratches on the two metal bands and the bracket, and the CF is a bit faded as the can's been on the bike for a bit, also one line across a corner of the Yoshimura R&D badge. I'm not sure if you're still interested in it after hearing that though.

How hard is it to install? and would I need carb work? as I'd need to be doing it all myself.

Oh, ahem, stupid question I know, but what does the stock sound like, I figure it is a LOT quieter, but ...

Edited for spelling, cause this post is less well thought out.

J

·
0 Posts
I don't want it to be quiet that badly :) I just figured it was something that would be mutually beneficial :) Thanks anyway though.

C

·
0 Posts
eg_hybrid said:
JayP, my friend ended up buying a new leo vinci.
how's ryan's bike now mark?... getting close to putting it on the street?????? for some reason i always thought he had a newer bike. i heard a story about him chipping his tooth when he was sitting on his bike... ill ask u about it when i see u in person. haha. :laughing

1 - 9 of 9 Posts