That's an idea I could get behind!

·
How to ride
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
8,758 Posts
yeh I think its a little ridiculous how slow certain segments move these days.. Manufacturer's spend way too much time
and money trying to read the buying publics reaction to an 'idea'. So much so that by the time they finally release we
have all lost interest and just decided to keep what we already own :laughing

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
If I were shopping for an ADV bike in 18 mos, I'll look at the Yamaha and think "Oh yeah, that came out 3 or 4 years ago" and dismiss it as old-tech.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Great engine. Too bad they don't utilize it. Would make a great dual purpose.

I would have liked the Tracer 700 at one time but not available in Canada. Nice, economical, tourer.

·
How to ride
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great engine. Too bad they don't utilize it. Would make a great dual purpose....
I've often thought Kawasaki should have transplanted the 650 Versys/Ninja engine into the KLR. With the appropriate gearing and mapping and such it would be waaaaaaay more fun than the putt putt motor they have now.

I guess Kawasaki's old technology KLR must compete against Suzuki's old technology DR650

·
Registered
20 Posts
Both of those old technology motors have more power than the "older" technology suspension they have can handle, both need a complete redo if you put more motor into them.

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
Any word on what Kawasaki is replacing the KLR with?

Things are pretty limited in the longer range off road bike capability. That is, unless you want to spend +$20K and ride around on 500lb+ bikes. Doesn't seem to be anything in the single cylinder range ........

·
Fastronaut
6,508 Posts
Any word on what Kawasaki is replacing the KLR with?

Things are pretty limited in the longer range off road bike capability. That is, unless you want to spend +$20K and ride around on 500lb+ bikes. Doesn't seem to be anything in the single cylinder range ........

Looks like the current trend is more off road aimed than on.

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
Yeah ..... and all 5 figured prices. I don't want much, 300 km range, top shelf suspension, Dakar styling, under 400 lbs, under $9,000. Is that too much?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts