BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Je ne suis pas Francais
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on highway #1 today going to Surrey when I saw a yellow ducati being chased by a black Yukon cop truck arround the brunette exit , he was going in the opposite direction toward Vancouver , I was just wondering if you got caught cuz you seemed to be going real fast ?

·
Gear Driven Cams
4,411 Posts
I think the phrase you're looking for is "ride it like you stole it". It might have been a crack-head on a stolen bike.

ONCOMING!

·
ninja machinist
3,103 Posts
I hope it wasn't the noob I and the boys saw last night. The one who couldn't start his brand new 749 cuz the choke was on. :laughing

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Darkcbr said:
I hope it wasn't the noob I and the boys saw last night. The one who couldn't start his brand new 749 cuz the choke was on. :laughing

you better be laughing at yourself, the 749 doesnt have a choke. It's fuel injected. :rolleyes

·
Yellow Power Ranger
3,009 Posts
Darkcbr said:

haha that was priceless!!! Probably the biggest poser I have EVER seen.

Whoever it was being chased, Im sure you wont be stupid enough to post here that it was you.

·
Registered
82 Posts
fish_antlers said:
you better be laughing at yourself, the 749 doesnt have a choke. It's fuel injected. :rolleyes
Yes, it does have a choke. Although it is f.i., still has a choke(like) lever on the bar for cold start up.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
no... it DOESNT have a choke. Some fuel injected motorcycles have a lever (where the traditional "choke" lever would be located) . THe lever increase the idle speed when cold. That's all. It's not a choke. That's not what a choke does.

·
ninja machinist
3,103 Posts
fish_antlers said:
no... it DOESNT have a choke. Some fuel injected motorcycles have a lever (where the traditional "choke" lever would be located) . THe lever increase the idle speed when cold. That's all. It's not a choke. That's not what a choke does.
Yes, this is the lever he had on, when the bike warmed up it was left on when it should have been turned off. So how does this cold start thingy work anyway. My bike is fuel injected too but has nothing of the sort.

·
Yellow Power Ranger
3,009 Posts
fish_antlers said:

So what would you call that lever then?

I would just say its a choke because it does almost the same thing a real choke does?

S

·
0 Posts
fish_antlers said:

why do you spout off like you know what you're talkin about. some FI bikes have manual "enricheners" such as some of the ducs, older 636's, rc51's, older gsxrs, etc........ it doesn't just raise the idle but also richens up the mixture because even injected bikes still have to deal with their engines being cold and not being ideal for fuel atomization until they are warmed up a bit. this is almost the same as a choke on a carb. now sit down and shut up.

·
rain? whats that!
5,834 Posts
All choking aside (waits for laughing to subside) ..... some people in the past have come on and proudly stated their escape from the local constabulary.

If he was far enough ahead, he might have had no idea that he was even beiong chased.

T

·
0 Posts
Last Season's infamous Repsol Guy is now Yellow Ducatti Guy?

hmmmm I wonder :laughing

·
ninja machinist
3,103 Posts
ssblade said:
why do you spout off like you know what you're talkin about. some FI bikes have manual "enricheners" such as some of the ducs, older 636's, rc51's, older gsxrs, etc........ it doesn't just raise the idle but also richens up the mixture because even injected bikes still have to deal with their engines being cold and not being ideal for fuel atomization until they are warmed up a bit. this is almost the same as a choke on a carb. now sit down and shut up.
Thankyou. I thought so.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
funny... that's not how I remember it working on my duc or my 12R.

I believe it does nothing to the air/fuel mixture, but simply raises the idle though a cable which changes the throttle stop. It's the FI computer that handles all of the mixture. Not the lever or the rider.

·
Fastronaut
6,508 Posts
ssblade said:
air-bypass system & it is basically just a cheaper & very effective way for Honda to get a very large displacement V-twin started without adding to complexity of the mapping. Most ECU's with auto enrichening start up loops are higher bit systems.

We do seem to have strayed a bit. I think I'd pull a runner on something a little more common.

S

·
0 Posts
fish_antlers said:
funny... that's not how I remember it working on my duc or my 12R.

that's cuz you didn't know how it was working in the first place. think about what i posted and it should come together for you. do you really think injected bikes can get away without adding ANY extra fuel on startup when cold in the morning? i'm not gonna split hairs on how each and every manufacturer has setup enrichening their bikes on cold startup but they all do. try raising just the idle on a carb'd bike and try and start it with no choke. it won't usually work unless the thing's running rich.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
blade... the FI deals with the amount of fuel and the mixture, not the rider. I;m not suggesting that a fuel injected bike does not need to alter its mixture in some way to start when cold. All I am stating is that it does that automatically and all the lever does is bump up the idle by moving the throttle stop and the computer does the rest,. Thats how it worked on my 12R and my 6R, and also my Duc. I cant speak for the RC51 since I didnt own one, but I cant imagine it would be any different as every OEM buys the same shit and bolts it to their bikes.

BTW, this is totally different than what a "choke" is.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.