BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
awful human
3,139 Posts
If your small business is suffering due to this extortion ring.
It only take 2 mins to file the complaint

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/Details#crnt

Remember if the company doesn't pay yelp
All the real reviews are hiding in the "not recommended" review section

https://www.facebook.com/YelpExtortion

Spring is early this year!:flashy
I love the approach this restaurant took. This is in Richmond, California BTW not our Richmond

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2014/09/18/richmond-restaurant-hacks-yelp-by-encouraging-customers-to-leave-bad-reviews-contra-costa-san-francisco-policy-manipulate-italian-bistro/

·
Three hour tour guide
8,750 Posts

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
seriously? believe it or not i've wondered how much we can actually trust online reviews.. specially when every week there's some new 'work at home on your underwear' ad on craiglist... something's fishy here :coffee

I'm not sure he could find enough people willing to give him a bad review
uhhmm, been on bcsb much? totally kidding of course Kev. :evilgrin :devillook

·
BCSB Public Relations
10,285 Posts
Old news. Yelp has been extorting businesses for years.

·
Happiness is the corner
2,031 Posts
Looks like it's working fine for the other guys?

Yelp must just be selectively extorting you.

Well, that... or their multi-million dollar infrastructure and review filter actually works.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Bayside performance literally stole my motorcycle tires, I went in for routine by-the-book service and left with 5 year old rubbish bin tires fitted and no oil change.

·
Registered
18,876 Posts
Bayside performance literally stole my motorcycle tires, I went in for routine by-the-book service and left with 5 year old rubbish bin tires fitted and no oil change.
Quoted for preservation.

You allege a theft occurred?

·
From N00bie to Wannabe
4,839 Posts
Quoted for preservation.

You allege a theft occurred?
It's not a theft: it's a gift! Kevin is buying him dinner because the free plug increased business 1000%!

·
awful human
3,139 Posts
Based on the level of motorcycle aptitude you've displayed in your posts since you've joined, it's far more likely that your bike DID in fact get an oil change and the reason you think they stole your tires is that when the bike went in the shop the tires were around 15 PSI and when they left the shop they were at the correct pressure so that's why they felt "weird"

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
I just doubt this to the max! I've dealt with this shop a few times with nothing but great service. What dealer is going to steal your ties? Really man!

·
I like traffic cones :S
15,773 Posts
He never blamed your bike on shitty balancing job even after you took it in to get the forka serviced?

took it else where, wrong placement and wrong number of wheel weights on both wheels.

Or blame "heat of friction" on cross threaded caliper bolts that they were the last shop to touch.

Sure.

Ps.
dave, maybe they took lessons from ems and needed tires for some other bike ;)

Pss
personally never had issues at ems. or any other shop for that matter.

·
Fastronaut
6,508 Posts
Wow, that's crazy. They've got folks flying in from Chicago IL and Palo Alta CA shopping there.

They've arrived!

I don't know why a man from Palo Alto CA would "drive 30 minutes" to get to women's riding jacket. Wonder how many US based stores he drove past on the I5?

·
Lee RideFar
5,463 Posts
When I started 1st Gear. I paid Yelp for the advertising. It was effing useless. Even when I was paying them (which is a set term, minimum dollar amount) they still took down good, detailed reviews. I had 7 'approved' reviews. Soon after I had 3 'approved' reviews. Now it is at 4 reviews. I have 9 unapproved reviews. It's a fucking joke.

Yelp is catered to restaurants so the MINIMAL biz I get from them isn't worth it. If you run any business it is google you want to focus on. If you want to cater to an older crowd you have to do Google AND Bing search engines. Even facebook is near useless which was a surprise to me.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Looks like it's working fine for the other guys?

Yelp must just be selectively extorting you.

Well, that... or their multi-million dollar infrastructure and review filter actually works.
None of these are a fair comparison against our business.
We mainly deal with online orders and fill upwards of 10000 orders per year
We field on average 60 calls per day and get on average 40 email requests per day
We service 3-500 bikes per year.
Most of our customers are internet based people and tend to be more vocal online.
90 percent of unhappy people will write a review
99 percent of happy customers will not write a review

I forgot to add last year we had 4 staff to do all this.
This year we have 2 staff for 6 months and 1 for 6 months with the same volume.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts