BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The Philosopher King
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A lot of stuff but fucking wet leaves are at the top of my shit list!!! Damn foliage!!:rtfm Several times in the last week I will be going around a corner and feel that slightly sicken feeling of having the tires slide out on me. Worse still when the tires do slide and your new line is going to put you into a parked car. Damn leaves stop messing with my µ!!!

·
V Lister
4,277 Posts
you had all summer to mess around. now that fall/winter is upon us, ride accordingly.:)

·
Get to da choppah!
1,133 Posts
DIESEL, that's what

·
Registered Abuser
1,017 Posts
Wait until a bit later in November. Leaves will look dry and harmless, but underneath they are wet and have turned into mush. Now THAT's slippery!

·
Premium Member
11,196 Posts
DIESEL, that's what
Yep, I'll double on that. Diesel on rubber, be it tires or running shoes, is slicker than a freshly Zambonied ice rink.... slipprier than a fresh caught fish on a wet board..... slicker than this big green 'un I got on my finger..... slicker than......

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hey have you ever ridden in a free range area ,been flying around a corner and come across some stupid fat heffer having a crap in the middle of the road.three choices, #1-oncoming traffic, #2 riding though a stinky slippery ass pile of cow shit, #3 hit the gas and run the fat fucker down.
HMMMM anybody ever jump a cow on a sport bike?????????

·
Registered
104 Posts
P.S EWWWWWWWWWWWWW TeeTee picks his nose... DOes he wipe it off under the couch or slip that boo into his cheek and work it like a wad of chew?????

·
Member #899
2,611 Posts
Yep, I'll double on that. Diesel on rubber, be it tires or running shoes, is slicker than a freshly Zambonied ice rink.... slipprier than a fresh caught fish on a wet board..... slicker than this big green 'un I got on my finger..... slicker than......
So true... I got to experience this first hand. At least the bike & me slid along. I had no time to even think about it before I was sliding along - riding upright & then down in a split second.

·
Urban assault.
85 Posts
Along with riding, i also cycle. And i usually use fall to train. Hence the ease to ride in cooler weather for longer distances.

You think that riding at a speed of 30km/h is safe. But when your contact patch is less than 15 MM any small leaf can have you wind up in the hospital.

Happened last year, and i am sure it will happen again to me this year.

·
Eh Muh Gawd Becky!!
6,648 Posts
So true... I got to experience this first hand. At least the bike & me slid along. I had no time to even think about it before I was sliding along - riding upright & then down in a split second.
i'll 3rd the comment!! diesel=baaaaaaaaad!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts