BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the first season and a half I finally got around to doing some customizing of the Z over this spring.

Made my own fender eliminator, added a PC III, remounted the newly toned down Muzzy pipes and got the silver bits of the stock Z painted in that slightly glittery dull black that Borderline seems to have about 100 gallons of... :D I also got the hugger painted at the same time and with the same paint. Blacking out the hugger really made a huge difference and concentrates the attention on the red upper parts and sets up a far better visual flow.

As you can see in the before and after it's quite a change. I really love the new look. It's what the Z should have looked like direct from the factory IMHO. I don't have one with the stock exhaust but you can see that at the Kawi websites.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Looks good Bruce! I'll be interested to see how the paint on the rearsets holds out. I used PJ1 and it's coming off already.

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I added some extra packing and welded in a couple of small baffles to the end caps and it's not so ear piercing now. More of a nice purr at cruise, a low throaty rumble at idle and a shreik at WFO. The good part is that it's reasonably civilized when I'm not being an idiot with it. Passed a couple of cop cars today and they didn't even turn their heads towards me. That's what I like to see.

·
Ride the winds of change
1,994 Posts
What you need now is a fender eliminator !

Get that mud flap off.

Opps looking at the first picture, looks good.

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
Looks great. those muzzys really make the bike.

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bafflebrain said:
...How did you get a CNR car into your back yard?
That's part of one of my other hobbies. 12 inch to the foot model railroad layouts. So far I've only gotten the one car. You should have seen the box it came in. The cardboard kept my wood stove running all winter....

R

·
0 Posts
So nice to some more Z around,saw a red one like yours around Kelowna today... nice job Tee.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Looks very crisp!

The big question is what have you done with the PC III? A zero map is kind’a zero and DynoJet’s maps don’t do it for me and mine. There are some people on VFRD that have been messing with maps for two years to accommodate the (so far) unique and peculiar aspects of VTEC with nice results. Standard efforts with a dynamometer do not work out well in terms of accounting for the VTEC transition, which of course your Z is not bothered by.

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the kind words all.

Chumly, it's just a zero map at the moment. I just wanted to go and ride this weekend in our first decent bout of sun and clear skies that we've had for some time. I suppose that makes me less than hardcore :D

The mapping work commences this week some time. I gotta move my second 'puter out to the shop and get it set up and then watch the bytes fly! ! ! !

1 - 20 of 35 Posts