BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here use a Zeus flip up helmet? Saw them at the bike show and tried a couple on. Seems like a lot of helmet for $169.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I picked one up at the show. Good helmet for the money, lots of good reviews online. Only problem is they are not as safe as a true full-face, hence, no SNELL rating, only DOT.

If you get one, I think you would be pleased with it, just make sure the front is down and locked before riding. They can be had off e-bay for cheaper than here.

·
Melodious
496 Posts
Only problem is they are not as safe as a true full-face, hence, no SNELL rating, only DOT.
The style (open or full) has no bearing on the Snell rating.
My Shoei RJ Air open face helmet is Snell 2000 rated.

·
Fuelled by rice
4,463 Posts
Mr.Max said:
I picked one up at the show. Good helmet for the money, lots of good reviews online. Only problem is they are not as safe as a true full-face, hence, no SNELL rating, only DOT.

If you get one, I think you would be pleased with it, just make sure the front is down and locked before riding. They can be had off e-bay for cheaper than here.
almost everything seems to be cheaper on ebay.

·
BC Riders.net
1,061 Posts
no SNELL rating, only DOT.
You should read the helmets test in "Motor Cyclist" (June 2005), that will show you a different opinion on Snell/DOT ratings. To put it short and simple:
Because there is this allure, this charisma, this image associated with a Snell sticker that says, "Hey, this is a better helmet, and therefore must be worth a whole lot more money."
The liner in a Snell rated helmet is harder than the one in a DOT rated helmet, so it doesn't absorb the impact of a hit as well as the softer DOT liner.
So, be glad that your new helmet is "only DOT" rated.
Just my :2cents .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts