BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Swivel on it
11,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone used this with any degree of sucess? Bought some at the Seattle bike show and it sucks ....

·
Mmm...beer
2,144 Posts
Never tried it. I haven't had an issue with fogging...its all in how you breathe. What's so bad about the anti-fog stuff? It just doesnt work?

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
anyone used this with any degree of sucess? Bought some at the Seattle bike show and it sucks ....
Alex, all anti fog including liquid detergent, creates a psychadelic visual effect that is great when you are on drugs, as they negate each other out. :rockon

However, so far the best solution is a foggy mask and turtle wax wash 50/50 water sprayed on the inside and wiped dry.

·
Swivel on it
11,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I get the same thing with my polarized sunglasses with the visor down. I use the zooke on my glasses, cos my visor already has anti-fog laminate on it. I hope Zooke is there at Tradex end of the month ..... :devillook

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
its all in how you breathe.
oh yeah just stop breathing.

Coolio's right on this one, a Foggy respro takes care of all visor fogging issues. If you've rode in the rain and anything hard enough to break a sweat in mild temps you'll need something like this, and they work. I imagine it would help with glasses too, can't speak from experience on that one though.
I think my Dad uses that Zooke stuff, never heard him complain about it. Seems to buy one at just about every show.

·
Eh Muh Gawd Becky!!
6,648 Posts
i've used the Fog City fog shield for years and its great. i have one helmet that's build really well and the little shield in fornt of my nose works great. doesn't need anything anti-fog. even in cold and rainny conditions.

·
Registered
708 Posts
hmm, I bought some zooke stuff too at the seattle show. Have yet to try it though. It appeared to work in the demo.

·
565 Posts
I had that guy push really hard for a sale with me at the Seattle Show. As I've yet to see an anti-fog spray that actually works, I didn't buy it as he'd probably slither away into the night and I'd never get restitution if I had a problem.

I feel vindicated.

Still using the single drop of dish liquid method combined with a breath guard with some success.

·
BADUNKADUNK
1,408 Posts
I used a foggy mask and it's awesome. It can be purchased at Mspeed. It's around ~$35.
+1 for the foggy respro mask, and it works well while wearing glasses too. Got mine for approx $20 @ Imperial.

·
more lean please
1,745 Posts
i use some stuff called "seadrops" i bought at a dive shop years ago when i was into diving (really not easy to use in a diving situation, much easier to spit on the mask, lol). anyway, i put it on straight (not wet like it reccomends for anything other than diving masks) and it works great, no fogging for a long time, then just reapply if it gets foggy again. its not a spray, just drops, small white bottle with an orange lid. most dive shops probly sell it or something similar.

·
Eh Muh Gawd Becky!!
6,648 Posts
i use some stuff called "seadrops" i bought at a dive shop years ago when i was into diving (really not easy to use in a diving situation, much easier to spit on the mask, lol). anyway, i put it on straight (not wet like it reccomends for anything other than diving masks) and it works great, no fogging for a long time, then just reapply if it gets foggy again. its not a spray, just drops, small white bottle with an orange lid. most dive shops probly sell it or something similar.
cool. thanks tips!! if i have a problem with my new helmet, i have 2 bottles of the seadrops from my diving days.

·
its closer now
1,858 Posts
i have used ZOOKE several times and have been impressed with how it works....

that being said i also use a FOGGY mask... ALWAYS.... but if you ride in the rain, the ZOOKE just adds a little more protection...

it actually just delays the onset of fogging when at lights... and makes defogging much faster once you start to roll of the light.

and the "SEADROPS" or whatever works good too...

BTW----> use the search button. there is about 3-4 threads covering this all the way back to like 2002!!

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
I haven't had any real success with anti fog products, however my routine of cleaning the shield in a solution of dish soap and water (in the sink) works pretty well....so I"m sticking with it.

·
more lean please
1,745 Posts
that might give you a weird glaze and cause you to have even less visibility. then again you might be the perfect test pilot candidate. get back to us pat

·
What's the speed of dark?
163 Posts
Ok - I'm gonna rain on the parade of Foggy mask users. I hated it. Never got it to fit right over my largish schnoz, and once I got a fairly good seal, it was uncomfortable pressure on my probiscus and I couldn't get my helmet off without removing my eyelids.

I've been using a Proshield (?) double lens (a second lens stuck to inside of my shield) for a few years (just mounted my second one yesterday!). Works amazing, and with the same comfort as stock. Absolutely no fogging. Ever.

So there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Curious; I'm having issues with fog building up in my visor, especially riding with any sort of humidity outside.
Can someone tell me what a foggy mask is and how it works? Is it like some sort of balaclava but for riding? The pro shield sounds interesting; is it expensive?

Hoping someone will be able to share where I might be able to purchase one of these items...

Harvey

1 - 20 of 26 Posts