BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Swivel on it
11,659 Posts
I'd love to be given the opportunity to play with a ZX-14 like that. I doubt they were using full throttle, at least for the first couple of runs and the first few gears.

·
Registered
8,849 Posts
I'd love to be given the opportunity to play with a ZX-14 like that. I doubt they were using full throttle, at least for the first couple of runs and the first few gears.

yeh, no kiddin eh.. specially at the straight track... doubt i'd enjoy that beast much in the twisties...

mind you, i tell you, i'd def ride'er harder than them wimps.. not to stretch my pecs but i've had my little r6 to 160mph (256) and she had 175 (280) in her easy... had i started earlier at the hope 'fall'... so, ahh, yeh i'll stick with lighter bikes... i really wanna see what i can do w/ the new r1 though... lol!!!!:rockon

·
Shiftless clutcher
2,738 Posts
yeh, no kiddin eh.. specially at the straight track... doubt i'd enjoy that beast much in the twisties...

mind you, i tell you, i'd def ride'er harder than them wimps.. not to stretch my pecs but i've had my little r6 to 160mph (256) and she had 175 (280) in her easy... had i started earlier at the hope 'fall'... so, ahh, yeh i'll stick with lighter bikes... i really wanna see what i can do w/ the new r1 though... lol!!!!:rockon
The riders in the video had only a limited stretch of tarmac to test on before getting on the brakes before the end of the track, otherwise they may have achieved higher speeds.

Remember, also, that your R6 - like every other road bike - has its speedo calibrated to display a faster speed than it actually attains, so if your 600 manages to reach an actual 175 mph, the AMA or World Supersport tuner you have preparing it deserves a big bonus.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
It's like letting kids play with dynamite. 8-10% speedo error too people , i guess they can't afford a G P S .

·
Registered
245 Posts
whats with the speedo innaccuracy? They use the highest tech bits available, and you still say they are out by 8-10%... I call bullshit! I've topped my CBR929RR out at 278km/hr and according to you a 152hp (126.5rwhp) 375lb (dry) supersport bike can barely hit 250km/hr at 10% error... hmmm I don't think so. Maybe Honda should quit making bikes, since they can only acheive such low numbers.

·
Banned
1,946 Posts
whats with the speedo innaccuracy? They use the highest tech bits available, and you still say they are out by 8-10%... I call bullshit! I've topped my CBR929RR out at 278km/hr and according to you a 152hp (126.5rwhp) 375lb (dry) supersport bike can barely hit 250km/hr at 10% error... hmmm I don't think so. Maybe Honda should quit making bikes, since they can only acheive such low numbers.
Every major sportbike mag has written that speedos can be out as much as 10%. That's not a new claim.

Either on this site or sportbike network somebody checked using a GPS and confirmed their speedo was out. I don't see the point in doing it but if you were so inclined you could do a search and let us know the fruits of your labour.

Or you could just keep talking out your ass...

G

·
last run i did to squamish there was a radar trailer on the side of the road. clocked at 69, speedo said 75.

i had a gps on my 750 the year cosworth and i rode to sportbike west (when it was still at the ranch) and gps speed was well under speedo.

funny in the video they claim that the bike is the fastest in production at 186 mph. for years now the manufacturers have limited their bikes to this speed. all litre bikes will do this speed. in fact, i bet the unrestricted hayabusa would walk all over the ugly spider looking POS.

no matter what kawi does, it will always = JUNK!

G

·
last run i did to squamish there was a radar trailer on the side of the road. clocked at 69, speedo said 75.

i had a gps on my 750 the year cosworth and i rode to sportbike west (when it was still at the ranch) and gps speed was well under speedo.

funny in the video they claim that the bike is the fastest in production at 186 mph. for years now the manufacturers have limited their bikes to this speed. all litre bikes will do this speed. in fact, i bet the unrestricted hayabusa would walk all over the ugly spider looking POS.

no matter what kawi does, it will always = JUNK!

none of em will do that speed (stock). most of em aren't even geared for that speed stock.

·
Federal Protection
358 Posts
I have used the GPS on several bikes (not my gixxer thou though) and the speedo is ALWAYS out and ALWAYS high.... so yup I can attest to a 5-10% error.

I'll try it out on the Gixxer thou and see what the error is like..... and report back.....Maybe not right at the momemt cause it's raining..and the rain would cause drag......hahaha

·
Federal Protection
358 Posts
Good for you on the 278..but you were not going that fast.....I might agree to spot ya 250 and a bit tho.....:laughing

·
banned user
6,255 Posts
I have used the GPS on several bikes (not my gixxer thou though) and the speedo is ALWAYS out and ALWAYS high.... so yup I can attest to a 5-10% error.

I'll try it out on the Gixxer thou and see what the error is like..... and report back.....Maybe not right at the momemt cause it's raining..and the rain would cause drag......hahaha
why the heck dont the police understand this when I try to explain it to them lol.

Doug, did you just imply a busa is attractive?

·
Federal Protection
358 Posts
why the heck dont the police understand this when I try to explain it to them lol.

Doug, did you just imply a busa is attractive?
Cause the popo buy their radar dectectors from the same guys that make our speedo's..... in other words the radar dectectors are out too...... hahahahaha.

Maybe you could try e defense of "cumulative error"....... hmmmmm...nah.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Ya my bro has a 954 and i blow by him like he was standing still ,he's like maxed out and i,m at like 10.5-11 k in 5th gear just getting into the fun stuff .my bike with the error goes like 153 in 4th gear off the limiter , love the gixxer .

·
Swivel on it
11,659 Posts
Real men don't look at the speedo anyway - just the tach :p

1 - 20 of 22 Posts