BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I have a 2008 Kawasaki ZZR and am having a tough go finding a seat eliminator to allow me to jut have the single seat, with the plastic cover for the rear seat. Also a fender eliminator kit possibly too? Any help would be much appreciated. :rockon

·
Registered
11,195 Posts
Look for rear seat cowls from the old ZX-6R's from 2000 to 2003 or so when your bike was the current hot sportbike of the time.

As for the fender eliminator if it is the same as the old bikes and the same as my 900 was at the time then you have to chop away the plastic from the existing trunk tray since the big flap is part of the underseat trunk tray. There used to be some special color matched underside covers that replaced that or covered it but you won't find them still for sale other than used since that model hasn't been current for a few years.

Here's what the one on my old 2000 model ZX-9R looked like after I cut it away and added a bent strap that was held in place by the license plate bolts. To that there were a couple of faux carbon signal lights that were smaller than the huge originals. You can duplicate the strap with some Home Depot 1/8 x 1 steel and buy a set of aftermarket signals.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response TeeTee. I ordered a seat cowl out of the UK and it arrived this week unpainted. It looks great, and fits perfect. Going to be getting it painted hopefully next week. Will try to post a pic with it on once I get it back. Thanks for the help.

·
Fuelled by rice
4,459 Posts
let me know where you get it painted and how much it cost, I am considering getting one for the wife's bike.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a friend who works at a body shop so he is doing it
for me.. I should have it back soon. I'll post a pic once it's on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I just got it back. I could not be happier with the way it turned out. The seat cowl fits beautifully, and has such a better look than any other seat cowl for these bikes out there in my opinion. Definetly well worth the money.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts